Chapter 22- Regina Pythonissam

Isabela

"She's dying"

"The muscles on her legs rip......"

"Human heals slowly than us...."

"Fix her before...."

Muffled voices from unknown people stirred me from my sleep. The yelling continues while it sounded too far from my ears. My eyelids felt heavy. I move my fingers to check if they put some drugs to my system that paralyse my body. The foreign voices are yet to know but their intentions might clear to me.

I fist my hands and smile inwardly. Next , I tried to move my toes. I can feel my right leg by the other one feels gone. No, no, no. A loud beeping noise halt the loud conversations. My heart thuds loudly and I can feel my blood rushing into my ears.

Cold sweat covered my palms as it started to shake. Fear blossom in my chest sending chills into my back. I felt people came rushing into my side holding my body down on the bed. Some injected me a hot liquid that made me scream in agony. I open my eyes only see nothing. Its dark and I couldn't catch a glimpse of light. I scream in frustration.

Loud footsteps echoed to the room and the yelling begin again. I don't know what's happening to me but I feel like I'm dying. Slowly and painfully. My soul feels like dying and something dark replacing it.

I can't breathe again. I feel my body convulsing but I can't do anything to stop it. Its like I'm watching my own self dying and I'm locked inside the door in my head.

Finally everything stop. The breaths. The blood rushing. The noise. Even my heart beat stop.

I close my eyes and fell in a deep slumber.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I open my eyes and blink for a few times. I'm in the middle of the deserted road surrounded my forest. I am dressed in na hospital gown. I didn't escape, did I? The waning moon is it is highest peak. I move my eyes around in confusion as to why I am here.

Soon, a loud screeching noise made me cover my ears. I turn around to see a car swirling on the road. My eyes widen and I put my arms protectively on my body and crouch on the ground.

When nothing came, I withdraw my hands and stood up. The car stop few meters away from where I am standing. Smoke blinder my vision and I can't see who's inside.

"Hello?" I called out. Slowly walk towards the car. My bare feet padded on the cold wet road. A sharp intake of breath halt me and a familiar face of a man came into a view.

Dad.

Tears slip my eyes as I look into my father's face. A sob escape my lips. For the first time in five years I see his face again. My knees buckle when he walk towards my direction. Blood dripping from his head down to his chin.

With my shaky legs, I sprint forward ignoring the pebbles underneath my feet.

"Daddy!" I hug him only to phase through his body. What the hell. I turn around and grab his shoulder, again it phase.

"Daddy, it's me Isabela" I walk in front of him and wave my hands through his face. He held no emotions. Its blank stare right ahead. I followed his gaze and see nothing. A dead end covered with thick fog. I remember this place. It's the place where the accident happen five years ago. A sound of a woman wheezing made me turn around.

"Mom" I run towards her and tried to help her up however it did nothing. The twins. I rush to the side and peak through the window.

I phase through the door and assess their status. They are unconscious but the heaving of their chest says they're alive. They need help.