Chapter 18- Code Green

Isabela

I am laying on my bed for hours. I refuse to let any visitors including Zach and Uncle. I
needed some time alone.

A soft knock resonates on my room. I didn't bother to check who it is for I know already. I sigh. My eyes are still tired from crying. It stings a little bit that's why lone tears escape without my knowledge.

"Isabela, Fredd and I wanted to talk about something." Zach voice irritates me for no reason. Maybe because of his comment in the hospital.

"Care to elaborate?" I said coldly. Maybe Im bit too harsh but they don't know how privacy is important.

"Isabela dear, I know you're still hurting but you to know it will only intensify if you are keeping bottled." I remain silent.

"Look, we need to talk about something important."

"How important it is that it can't wait until tomorrow? You can say it now or saved it for tomorrow. I'm tired, let me be in peace for once." I scoff. All of this events for the last 4 days drained me. It slowed me down and I never get to have a moment of myself.

" I'm afraid this can't wait any longer. You can't have your peace until this something has been said." He said in desperate tone.

"Well this must worth my time." I murmured to myself. I stood up walking into my dresser and pulled out a robe. I open the door with a blank face. Zach look hesitant but Uncle is opposite. He's calm, as always.

I waited for them to speak but they only stare at me, waiting for me. I raise my brow.
"Talk" I know I'm being rude right now but I need to this something that cannot wait.

"In a private room I prefer." Uncle began walking towards downstairs. Zach and me are trailing behind.

"Where exactly are we going?" Zach ask tense. Now why do I feel like they're hiding something. I keep my senses on on high alert if someone dare to ruin our meeting.

We are heading towards the basement of my house where there is a passage way to forest and to the East Road that leads to the city.

I found this place few months after I met Nick. Nick was my buddy before Zach. We share deep connection to each other that's why when he left, it was the start of my miserable life.

We walk down to the stone staircase with cob webs all over the place. I don't go down here often. This place is for private meetings only.

The place id dark only the torches in the stone walls lit by Uncle. Its significantly cold here that's why I wore my robe. We walk and walk until a big round room came into view. Wood tables are filled with books and maps scattered on the table. The jars located to the walls are still filled with herbs aged decades. Vines are growing everywhere giving the room some ancient vibe.

Uncle found it interesting to keep the rarest herbs and some ancient books I tried to read but failed. There are small windows letting the rays of sun lit the room.

I sit to one of the stools and prop my elbows on the table. Zack did the same while grabbing a book covered with dust.

" Why are we here exactly? You know we only use this place for code red and blue." Uncle arrange the table piling up tje books and maps and taking out jars on his bag.

" Let's just say that the green colour join the house." I shut my mouth as I sit quietly. I look down on my wrists, they are starting to itch. The burn mark is healing quite faster though the appearance is quite nasty for my liking. It appeared to have black skin instead of pinkish white. I still covered it with Bandage to avoid eyes.