Chapter 27- Discovery

I'm sitting in a chair beside Tristan who is now wide awake. I refuse to leave his side when after he was treated.

The scene earlier repeat like a broken piece of record in my head. It's like I'm unable to accept that single image and my mind tries to make me forget it.

I can't believe that the wolf I named Bunny, whose overly protective is much more, wild and vicious in real life.

How does his body formed into a dog? Like did all of his bones are made up of elastic bands that can be twisted and rearrange like a dog? Like how does his face, his solid jaw turned into a snout?

I've read book about all of this transformation and none of it seem to occur in real life. It's just a fiction story made my people who thinks wolves do exist. Well they exist but NOT HUMAN TURNED INTO ONE!

Okay, let's just ask questions shall we.

-

I cleared my throat looking straight in the eyes of my deceiver. He's tense shoulders made my stern eyes soften. I know he is just like me, suffering from the loneliness. I sigh.

"Listen, Bun- I mean Tristan." Tristan snap his head in my direction, guilt filled his eyes. He look past my seat and his eyes slowly turn into black.

I did what My guts told me to do. With my shaking hands, I lay a comforting hand over his bandaged wrist which suffered from 3rd degree burn.

He calm down a bit. I turn to face Jackson who sat in the chair, legs cross and face with smug expression.

"Leave us please. I just wanted to talk to my-, my um, guardian" Jackson visibly surprised about my claim on Tristan which turned into his usual smug expression. They all think Tristan and I have an affair whilst he is a family man. That sucks. I can't even think about it.

"No. You can talk to him right here right now. Even if I go outside I still can hear you so what's the natter?" C'mon. Really?

"It's very personal to the both of us. You said it yourself that you can hear us why bother stay here and watch the drama?" I tried to sound vulnerable as possible I eve slouch my back and look down to add more effects.

Jackson being Jackson see through my act.

" No. The King's order is to make sure you are guarded 24/7 with me or with his trusted warrior, so even if I hate seeing your terrible face I can't" He snorted.

I want to rip him out of this room right here right now. My blood boils in anger. Though He is just teasing me and somehow I understand his duty to keep me safe, I still hate the invasion if privacy.

I summon that shadow again and slightly make it forward. The warmth 4in my belly appeared again and I let it travel into my finger tips.

"I hate to break it to you but I think you should be guarded. You know for protection cause you'll never know what's lurking in this four cornered room"

Tristan stiffen his posture and turn his head to the side exposing his neck. Jackson however tried ti suppress the command. He stood up looking me in the eye. A challenge.

I bring it forward, visions become darker every second.

"I'm not asking" With that he walk out of the room, head bowed in submission. Before he head out, I didn't miss the accusation in his voice.

"We'll talk about it later, Miss"

When the door shut, I waited till the his footsteps faded before I release a very tense breath. I held my aching chest and take a deep breaths.