Chapter 21- In The Stranger's Arms

Isabela

This is it. The moment I've been waiting for four long years. After tonight's trip, I can start a new life, new school, new friends, new memories to cherish.

I look around my room one last time. My bed that is so comfortable to lay on. The stacks of books I always clean. The walls I painted every year. The windows I broke several times.

Its gonna be hard to leave this place. It is the only place I feel home, secured and safe.

I grab my duffle bags and head downstairs. Uncle said Tristan will give as a ride to the South, my parents homeland. Uncle want me to see the place where my parents grew up. It will help the process of moving on once I learn their past.

I already did my goodbyes to Kris. She wanted to come and see me for the last time but her responsibility cannot be neglected.
Zach grab my bags and place it on the truck. Zach can't come too. They have visitors coming tonight and his attendance is a must. He sneak out to his room just to see me.

Uncle Fredd will be waiting for us to the border. With one final look, I lock the house. Zach is typing on his phone. I inhale deeply and walk towards Zach. I needed to to this before leaving. I can't bear the thought of Zach holding a grudge for me. I need to settle things first.

"Hey Zach" I called out for him. He look up and stared at me for a long time.

"Isabela" He nid his head and continue to type on his phone. I look down at my feet ashame of myself.

"Look, I uh, I'm sorry about earlier. I know it's uncalled for and it's selfish for me to say those things. You know, for the past few days its very frustrating and stressful. I shouldn't have snap at you. Im sorry, forgive me" The heavy feeling on my chest gone as I confess to Zach.

I expected him to yell at me but he did the opposite. He hug me tight and rub my back. I snuggle into his neck and sigh in relief.

"I know. I already did. Just remember I'm here for you always. If something happen don't hesitate to call me, okay? I'm going to miss you Bella." I smiled and kiss his cheeks.

"I will. I'm gonna miss you too. Be good a good babysitter and don't trouble Kris. Use protection, the prom is weeks away!" I laughed seeing his face flushed red. I climb on the truck and put my seat belt on.

"We already did! But thanks though. I will send you the details to add on your todo list! " My widen. Did they really do that thing? Oh my god, my innocent ears.

"Shut up Zach. Keep your little brother inside your pants. I don't want another mini Zach going around pissing me off. You, alone, is enough" I fake gag and laugh at his face. He join and we laugh together like crazy.

The laughter died down and the heavy feeling blossom. I swallow the lump on my throat and blink away the fresh tears.

Zach lean against the window and hold my hand. I know its going to be harder to him. The bond we shared is unbreakable. He is a little brother to me. He reminded me of my little brother. Though still young, he took care of his twin sister and stood up for her every time when kids tried to bully her.

I look away and cleared my throat. Tristan open the door and smiled at my direction. I return a  tight smile.

"Zach, your father is looking for you" They shared a look and nod to each other. Zach patted my back and pull his hands away. I hug his neck one last time.

"Paalam kapatid" We said in unison. Tristan start the engine and our journey begin. Lokking past through the mirror, I see Zach fading away as we accelerate.