Part 46: The magic tower #3

It had taken 10 days for the results to come out. 

But that didn't meant they were just going to let me sit there all day. 

Well, technically I did sit there all day, doing random paperwork when they thought that a higher noble's signature would be more convincing.

But there were so many magicians who could do it, just that they were mostly commoners or second and third sons of lower nobles.

Obviously, people didn't want them to sign the paperwork. 

In this world, their word was like trash compared to my golden letters. 

Who could refute the daughter of the noble second to the king himself and also the next Queen?

Even though the Head Magician's signature would do, he had other businesses to attend to. 

So all of those documents he simply couldn't find the time to do was dumped on me. 

I wondered what type of work a head magician did then. 

Was almost blackmailing me here worth it?

                                                                    ***

"To put it short, it makes your recovery and immune system to almost zero." 

"How is that putting it short? Could you make more clear?" I objected her right after she finished. 

She sighed. 

Probably at my incomprehension. 

"Alright. This means that cuts, bruises, sicknesses of any kind will barely heal to not heal at all. That's the potion's affect. It depends on how much you have ingested it, basically." 

She continued, "Also, this is only a theory, but its likely that it also makes you more tired than ever. It may also decreases your everyday stamina." 

I didn't speak due to my shock. 

"But that hasn't happened to me at all........!" I argued back. 

This couldn't be happening. 

She looked at me as if she were tired, and then sighed once more. 

"Or has it?" 

That's right! 

The time when I had a nose bleed! It didn't heal for the whole time, which was around 15 minutes. 

And when you rethought about it, that incident was very, very unusual. 

It wouldn't heal right away, but the bleeding should have at least stopped after a couple of minutes. 

A normal nose bleed shouldn't have caused fainting because of blood loss. 

"I see. So I assume you've realised an incident?" The woman said after she saw my readable face.

I nodded silently, without any words to say. 

"Is there an antido—" 

'Crash!'

I jolted as the sudden noise came up from behind me. 

".......Ouch....................That hurt......." 

At first glance I thought the object was a piece of cloth, but then I realised that that was the shabby uniform of a mage. 

But I realised that it was no normal mage, hence the plain, almost-nonexistent designs on it.