Part 16

"You see........um.......I got lost." Ivy looked a bit disappointed that I was here.

"And you decided to go into this garden, even knowing that there's only 1 garden in the Royal Palace?" Albert said coldly. 

"S-sorry. I just wanted to see the flowers. " Ivy looked down. 

"Ivy Castria. I understand you were captivated by the garden's beauty. But there are many rare flowers growing in here, and if you ruin those, it could lead to consequences. I am worried for you." I gave her my worried saint expression. 

She looked at my fake act. 

"Yes. Thank you very much, Lady Roselyn. I will make sure to remember that." She gave me a smile, but with unbelieving eyes.

"Shall we get to lunch, Dear Fiance?" I held his arm. 

"Let's go." He smiled back.

There. That showed Ivy, I hope. He was mine. 

My face went red. 

Wait a second!!! I didn't want this Scum Prince!!! Why am I thinking that he's mine?!

"How has your summer break been, Roselyn?" 

I almost jumped out of my seat. Why was my focus drifting away? 

"It has been great, Your Majesty." 

"How about going back to calling me 'Dear Fiance' like you did earlier?" 

Seriously?! Now I wish I had never called him that. 

Please stop talking, Your Highness the Crown Prince. You're just going to tease me more.

If only I could say that.

"I apologise for my behaviour. I take that back with all my heart." I ate more of my lunch. I was really hungry, due to missing my breakfast. We didn't have enough time, and the maids wanted me to look as thin as possible. 

Snap. 

My dress loosened behind. Why did my bow loosen? I'm sure the maids tied it up tightly. Judging by his face, Albert didn't seem to notice it.

-Elijah. Are you there?

......

-Where are you?! I need your help. My dress's bow untied itself.

......

Where did he run off to?! He probably would've heard my call by then. Plus, he needed to fulfil our contract. 

"Is something bothering you?" Albert asked. 

So he noticed that I had stopped eating.

"No. I was just thinking. Thank you for your concern, Your Majesty." 

The lunch quickly ended. The Queen, with Alex, visited us. The King came to check up on us. I didn't see Ivy again, but I'm guessing she gave up for today. My (restless) Onii-sama came to pick me up, because he was worried. 

But where was Elijah?

He was god. I suppose I didn't need to worry for him. 

Even when I got home, Elijah didn't respond. 

Did he fulfil his regret or something? I teared my sleeve down, and took a peek at my shoulder. The mark was still there. He hadn't fulfilled it yet. But if he did, that meant that he hadn't done anything for me while I let him use my body. The thought of it made me tremble in anger.

"Were you calling me?" 

"Elijah you—"

In front of me floated a young child. He had silver hair and cloudy blue eyes. He wore shorts, with a plain sweater on top. He was the image of an innocent little boy.

"Sorry about that. I didn't hear you. When your bow came undone."

"Where were you?!" I growled.

"I was talking with Zariat. He apologized. He wasn't the one who wrote my name on the scroll. He just remembered about me last night, when I destroyed the scroll." 

"Zariat?! You mean the founder of this country?!" 

"He was your fiance's god."

So no wonder he had that much amount of magic in the library. 

"What type of regret or will did Zariat have?"

"Well, he really wanted to watch over the country. He also wanted to see how the country flourished." 

"Ok, but why were you away for such a long time??? Don't we have a contract?" I asked, dissatisfied. 

"Sorry~. But I won't go away anytime. Because I still have to find out who wrote my name on the scroll." 

The door opened. 

I looked with anxiety towards Elijah. 

-Hurry!

-They can't hear or see me. 

I signed. That scared me.

"What is it, Onii-sama?" I asked with a smile. Did he come to talk to me about something? Was there a problem somewhere. I hope it wasn't concerning Ivy.

"A letter came." He held up an decorated envelope. "From your friend, the daughter of the Marquess. Good to know you have friends." 

"Thank you, Onii-sama." 

After he left, I opened the envelope. 

'Dear Roselyn Villinie,

How are you doing? I am doing quite fine. Every day passes without any trouble, and I am grateful for that. 
I know I am not of status to ask you this, but would you like to sleep over at my house? I have invited our other friends as well. We will give out beds, as well as food and anything that you would need. 
This will be fun, I assure you. I hope you come.
Please respond by tomorrow. The people at our estate would be delighted to have you come.

Yours truly, Seria Benter.

"Hmmmm. A girl's party of some sort?" Elijah hovered over my head.

A sleepover, huh? Alright. I'll go. It's not like I have anything else to do.