Part 31: Nurse's office

Elijah...! Stop! I have something to tell you!

I ran and ran, but he was always ahead of me no matter what.

My voice never reached him, no matter how loud I shouted.

I ............. had ...................something to tell him!

That record book!!! I think ...........I...............figured......out.........who......... he was!!!

My eyes flew open at a rapid speed, and I gasped for air.

A small breeze was whistling at my side, with the window open.

Window? Since when did my window look like this? My room's window was supposed to be elegant and detailed, not this shabby white framed square.

It took me a few seconds to truly wake up and realise that this wasn't my room at all.

It was the nurse's office, and I was lying on one of the white reusable beds.

A curtain isolated me from the rest of the room.

I looked around, and Nurse Oaklock was tending to a wound by putting a bandage on it.

I couldn't see who the student was, because they were on the other side of the curtains.

"There you go, Ivy! It'll patch up in a few days." I heard Nurse Oaklock say cheerfully.

Ivy? Did she get hurt? Or did she inflict self-harm to check up on me?

I shook my head. No, I must be thinking too much of this.

She wouldn't ever use herself as an advancement tool.
In the otome game, Ivy was such a self-sacrificial character. She always thought that everything was her fault and tried to fix everything up. This caused her to be manipulated without her even knowing (luckily she had the capture targets).

But in this life?

No way. This girl, whoever she was, is the most selfish person I have ever met. She would never risk herself knowingly. Knowingly.

After I heard Ivy's light footsteps walking away, I called out to the Nurse.

"Oh! You're awake!" She sat down on a stool in front of me.

"You've been asleep since yesterday." She took out her note board, and scanned through a few pages.

"Your nose was broken. His highness told me that apparently a dictionary fell on your face. And that you came from the library. Meaning your nose," She pointed at the middle of my face, "was gushing blood for at least a whole 10 minutes. You lost so much blood from your head that you fainted. I had to use some magic to speed up the process of your bone marrow, so that it would produce blood more quickly."

Speeding up the process of the bone marrow.......That must've taken up a lot of energy and magic.

Looking closer at the Nurse.....Her eyes had dark shadows under them. Her shoulders seemed weary.

"Oh? Are you thinking about how tired I look? It's alright ; My energy'll come back soon. I had to stay up on my computer," She yawned, "All night because of all the work. Damn Principal. He immediately scouted me after knowing that I had healing magic, even when we were still students. Oh, but the pay's good. All the rich nobles are donating chunks of money to this academy."

"Ha.......Haha...................." I tried to laugh, but it wouldn't come out as natural.

She was saying these things in front of a girl from the second richest family in this country.