Part 40: J-jealousy?!

You see, my current situation was quite complicated.

I felt like a stalker, hiding behind the shelves.

And the target that I was watching was, of course, Albert and the new transfer student, Adriana.

But right now as I was, it was almost impossible to concentrate on them.

Instead, it was the arising confusion within me.

The very first thing about this emotion that I understood was that it was a form of hatred.

I didn't exactly like it churning my insides all around, but it felt like I had the right to feel this.

Like something was rightfully mine.

My face felt hot suddenly, and I padded my palm against my forehead to see if this were a sudden fever.

But deep inside me, I knew that this was not the case. 

I wanted to bury that knowledge deep inside me, then crawl into a hole to avoid embarrassing myself. 

As if I haven't done enough of that already. 

Albert had never talked so much with other people before, until I saw him with Adriana. 

Even though the otome game's information was correct, but only at surface level, it did say that he didn't like to interact with anybody much. 

Until Ivy came, of course, but who was this lady?

My mind was still repeating the same words over and over again. 

'Why was Albert talking leisurely with her when even I haven't talked with him, my fiance, that much?'

Still feeling defeated, I looked down. 

'I-it was only because he was my fiance, right?' 

I stopped breathing. 

Of course, anybody would sense some authority to their fiance.

Even if they didn't care much for them, they had some rights . 

So this wasn't jealousy, just what everybody else would feel, right?. 

'RIGHT?!' 

                                                               ***

I groaned. 

Something was touching my face—no, my hair. 

I felt like I just awoke from a long nap, but 

I didn't want to open my eyes, but I eventually forced them to unlatch. 

As the sun shone on my face, I blinked away to avoid it hitting my eyes. 

"Ugh........" 

I finally snapped myself truly awake. 

My back cried out to me, and I straightened it to stretch it out.

Yawning, I also added my arms to the stretching, and extended them up high. 

I felt somewhat refreshed, but still a bit tired at the same time. 

I concluded the tiredness within me, and pressured myself until I was fully awake and kicking. 

As consciousness started flowing into me, I became aware of my surroundings. 

I expected my floral wall to greet my eyes, but instead—?

...............A face? 

I yelped a bit, then my reflex kicked in.