Part 4: My Onii-sama is a capture target

This was the last period of the day. My brother talked about our country's history.  All the girls in my class were paying lots of attention.....Yes, lots of attention towards my Onii-sama. I guess he can't help it, with that face. A lot of people say that me and my Onii-sama don't look alike at all. His features were more gently shaped, while mine were sharp and dignified. I guess is what a typical villainess should look like.

In the original game, Roselyn was very spoiled. No matter how much she asked, her brother was always nice to her. He would always smile and look on. But when she harmed the heroine, her brother could take it no more. He scolded his little sister for the first time in her life. Of course, she sent an email home while crying ugly tears. Her parents, being very doting, reprimanded her brother. For the first time in his life, Andrew Villinie got mad. Very mad. After this incident, he started being cold and harsh towards her. He pointed out every mistake she made, and when she did well, he said that it was expected of her. 

Roselyn, being always doted until now, got upset. She had a big fight with her brother, and then after that they never even looked each others way. Roselyn blamed it all on Ivy. This is when her bullying got worse, from small embarrassing pranks to one that actually could hurt her. This is when the other capture targets came in.

"Ok. That's it for today. It is now 7:45. We will end each day at this time."

Everbody packed up. Some went to the gardens, others went to the library or gym.                             I stayed in class. What for? To talk to my Onii-sama. 

"Onii-sama, how come you wanted to be a teacher?" I asked.

"Hmmmmm. Maybe it's because I want to learn how to teach kids. Perhaps this bit of a hobby. Oh, but don't worry. I'll still be the head of the family when the time comes. Ok?"

He gave me a wink. He was much closer to me than in the original game. I was grateful for that. I had always wanted to call someone Onii-sama because I didn't have an older sibling in my past life. In elementary school, one of my classmate's brother came to pick her up. She smiled brightly and called out to him. 

                                        "Onii-sama! You came here to pick me up!"

I was a bit jealous at that time. But in this new life, I had a caring big brother I could rely on.           Even though the term 'Onii-sama' didn't exist in this world, he still let me call him that. I explained it to him that it meant 'Big Brother' in a distant place. Not exactly a lie.

After leaving the classroom, I still had a lot of time spend before going to my bedroom and preparing for sleep. I decided that I would go to the library and become close with the librarian. After all, if you were on good terms with her, that meant she would be extra nice to you, and maybe give you a headstart when you needed a book. Heheh. I raced ahead.

The library was huge. As of expected of the most influential school in this whole country. I looked around. It was 2 floors. A ground section, and an upper section where you could access by going up some stairs. There were decorated poles, and some rare plants on them. You could access the books which were too high to reach by climbing ladders. Perhaps this was the first time I didn't curse the creators, because this was exactly the library's you saw in fairytails. 

"Oh? Newcomer? Are you interested in books? Which ones would you like?" An old lady's voice was heard. She had her hair in a bun, and wore a veil over her clothes. 

"Are you the so-called librarian, Mrs. Cutliff? I'm Roselyn Villinie. Please take care of me."

I gave a polite bow.

She gasped. Of course, an duke's daughter wasn't what you found everday. Mrs. Cutliff was an countess herself, but one of the lower ones. However, she was a master when it came to organising objects with magic, thus made librarian of this honourable school.

" I would like the book called, ' Using herbs to make magic- Guide of Mana'. Code #4610943.Does this library have it?"

"A-are you sure? That's a level 7, b-book. Usually girls of your age are only capable of doing level 3 or so......." She looked at me with confusion.

"Yes. That's the right book. I am a bit more advanced than other girls my age. I apologise if this makes any more trouble for you. But you see, I need this book urgently."I spoke.

"Alright." She put back on her dignified aura and led me to where it was. She pointed to where it was, and showed me other ones that were related. 

I flipped it open. Indeed, these were hard. You had to be very precise in your measurings and one mistake would destroy the whole thing. However, I was a genius. If I were honest, even more than the original Roselyn. 

"Y-you! Are you going to read that?" A boy with raven black hair pointed at me with unbelieving eyes. His long hair was pulled into a ponytail. 

Perfect.

This book wasn't the only reason I came here. Yes. This boy was one of the capture targets.

Son of head magician. Also a genius in magic. Known to be shy and uncaring about his surroundings. 

                                                                           Ellios Caren.