Part 27: Festival #4

"Aaron, how have you been doing lately?" I asked in a motherly tone. 

"Fairly well, Lady Villinie. I've been reading about the Goblin War. It's very interesting." 

"Wait! The one where almost 10,000 goblins were killed?! That one?!" 

"Yes. It is quite interesting. Their choice of weapons were very unique." 

"I know! I mean, they made a bunch of cooking utensils that fired out globes of magic that exploded on impact! And..........."

                                                                                      ***

Uhh............How did this happen?

I got pulled in the conversation, and forgot about the book completely. 

But Aaron, he was a genius in history. He was on par with me, and that made it easy to discuss everything we knew without hesitation. We all spilled out everything we held inside, knowledge that normal people would never understand. 
It was very satisfying. 

Our precious conversation was interrupted by the growl of my belly, reminding me it was time for lunch. 

"Ah...." I scratched the back of my head, embarrassed, "Well, I gotta go. I suppose I'm hungry. I really had a great time talking with you!" I waved at him, and left. 

Finding the food stands was really easy when you were starving. Because they're all together in a section, your nose knows the moment you walk near them. 

And of course, I found it soon.

The surprise awaiting me was that even the food they sold here was Japan-based. Since I was reincarnated in this world, I have never even seen the food from my past world. 

And why was that? 

Was it because these only appeared in festivals? If so, then I should've gone last year and the year before that. 

I sighed, disappointed in myself for not realising this earlier. 

I reminded myself that I needed nutrients, and looked around for something I liked. 

Deciding on the yakisoba stand, I slipped at the back of the line. 

I haven't eaten japanese food for at least 16 years, so I was quite excited. When it became my turn, I took out my wallet to pay. 

Except the fact that I didn't bring one. 

"H-how—?!" I slightly whispered. 

By habit, I reached for my pocket to take out money. That habit had finally awakened after 16 years. 

But with this outfit, there was absolutely no place to even hold even a single a coin except in my hands. 

"Young lady. Are you going to buy or not? There are a few people behind you, waiting." The person making the tokoyaki said. He was looking a bit frustated, signaling I had been standing there for much more time than I thought. 
There was a longer line behind me than when I came, meaning the crowds were getting hungry. 

What should I do? Starve? Or take at least a whole hour to find Onii-sama? Assuming he brought money, that is. But knowing him, he probably did. 

I politely bowed, "I think I lost my wallet. I'll come back soon." And turned my body to leave. 

                                          "No, it's alright. I'll pay for this girl. "

Hmmmmm? Blonde hair, dark blue eyes?