Part 55: Determination to win

As I predicted, the fighting part was almost unbearably easy. 

It pained me to easily defeat people who had practiced hard and came a long way, but I needed to win against them too. 

I felt bad to their hard-worked techniques, so I at least pretended that it wasn't an easy feat to defeat them.

Perhaps this would be an blessing in disguise for them, as it would serve their defeat as a lesson. 

Although there was a moment where I accidentally casted a rather high-tier magic against some northern prince, it was because I was being pushed into a corner with the current limitations I had placed on myself. 

Obviously, this opponent didn't hold back because I was a noble lady. 

Unlike others, he only cared about winning and wouldn't mind if I took a punch or two. 

This high tier spell would have taken a human at least 5 years to master, and attracting attention to myself was not one of my goals. 

In the end, I won this round and hoped he hadn't taken notice of my accident slip up. 

In the end, I had won the first round completely. 

Although it was not over, not yet. 

On the first day of the tournament, they would finish up with the 'first round' winners. 

Then they would make those people fight the next day, and another day after that to determine the final winner. 

Truth is, many people that I've fought today could have gotten to the end as a finalist. 

As much as I pitied them, I needed the benefits and had the same determination to win this tournament, if not more than them. 

I looked at all the people who were seated across the arena, and prepared for the medical competition. 

                                                                       ***

The medical part of this competition was located on the big field of our school, contrary to the fighting one. 

There were two parts of this competition: the first one tested your knowledge of terms in general, and the second one tested your skills on the field. 

I felt the High Priest's presence once more, but it seems like nobody noticed him at all. 

Perhaps he had an invisibility barrier around him or something, and didn't anticipate that someone who possessed a large amount of mana could see through the illusion. 

However, the fact that maybe he wasn't well-versed in making himself invisible was also a possibility, hence I'm sure they don't teach that to a priest-in-training. 

Maybe thats what those men around him were for? To set up some magic? 

It was common knowledge that priests were trained to heal and some 'holy' things for the church, so I doubt they'd know too much on magic itself.

I watched the figure turn his head, and knew he was looking at Ivy right away when I caught sight of her pink hair. 

"You don't need to worry about me, Father. I've been practicing for this since I was born!" 

Her cherry sweet voice filled the field, and everybody looked towards her to see who had such an angelic voice. 

Here was the heroine Ivy, walking in the medical competition with her father.