Part 51: Elijah's motives

"Hmmm.......lets see. Quite a old memory you're digging up there."

To my surprise, he answered it calmly and the aura was still as it was before. 

Ha, I guess that's just the way Elijah is. 

Unfazed by questions, whether he was acting or not. 

I suppose someone like him was worthy of being at the side of Zariat, and the first of the Villinie Dukedom. 

After all, I had known him, or at least in my opinion, quite well. 

Though I'm sure that there are more things I'm not aware of, but those are thing Elijah would tell me within a heartbeat with a shrug. 

Was it because that he was a god, that he didn't feel human qualities anymore? 

To me, he couldn't care more or less about secrecy as long as someone asked. 

"Well, considering how that's the first thing I remember, I'm pretty sure that God appeared before me. Declared that I was to be a god under them, and that sort of stuff." 

"And you're still a god, after all these years?" 

Elijah had been on this earth for at least 5 thousand years or more. 

Why had he decided to stay here? What was his goal? 

"I myself don't know why I'm still watching over you humans. Maybe its a part of me that existed when I was still human." 

'When I was still human.' 

So Elijah knew that he was a human before, but just couldn't remember anything. 

'Perhaps when he saw the land and us humans, he couldn't help but feel nostalgia? Was there a sense of duty in him?'

Maybe he just wanted to see the land he and his comrades built flourish, even though he couldn't remember anything. 

'But who am I, guessing his intentions? For all I know, he could be lying to me with a bigger motive behind. But he didn't seem like he was lyin-'

"Roselyn, I see that you've returned earlier than scheduled." 

I whipped my head around, to see the source of the voice. 

"O-onii—Ah! Mr. Villinie.......is there anything you want with me?" 

He didn't even flinch with my stumble of a word, which made me a bit disappointed. 

Ivy had completely taken over him. 

"You missed a few assignments, but since I didn't expect you to return yet, I'm afraid I don't have them currently. However, I'll hand them to you once class begins." 

"Yes, thank you very much." 

I bowed my head as he left indifferently as he came. 

'No Roselyn, you can't be disappointed. It was bound to happen, anyways.'

But the truth stung harder than a bee. 

He was no longer my Onii-sama, but instead the supporter of my enemy. 

'Swallow it up, Roselyn. Accept the truth as it is. It was bound to happen, and you knew that yourself. '

Onii-sama, the one who had watched over me since birth, had pushed me away. 

'This hurts, it hurts, it hurts.' 

I had never felt this much pain in my life, not even physically.