Part 13: The dream

Summer break lasted for 3 weeks. 1 week had already passed. 

I spent my days taking walks, reviewing what I had learned in the first semester, and spending time with Onii-sama. 

"So you do it like this, Onii-sama?" I created a bird out of water. 

"That's right! You learn fast, don't you?" He proudly shuffled my hair.

"After all, we are children of the duke~" We both chimed at the same time.

"It's dinner time. " A maid said as she passed by us. 

Me and my Onii-sama raced down with magic to the dining hall. Everyday was fun as it was, and I wasn't as exited to go back.

After lunch, Onii-sama had left with Father to assist him and learn some business. I decided to take a walk in the garden. 

A black haired gardener was trimming some dead roses. 

                                                                 "Akane?" 

The gardener looked back. "Were you calling me? My name is Tiana."

"Oh! N-no! I was practicing a spell. Sorry for disturbing you." I quickly said.

The maid went back to her work.

Akane. That was my best friend's name, in my past life. She was a kind soul, with beauty and smarts, and yet she approached me. Her family was rich, and didn't want her to hang out with someone like me.

How was she? Did she miss me? How did others react to my death?

                                          Do you want to be with her?

No. I didn't want to be with her. I'm quite selfish. I like my life here. But if possible, I would like to see her in some way.

I felt.........dizzy. What was happening? Was I leaving this world? I didn't want to. I wanted to stay here. My vision got blurry, and darkness engulfed me.

A drop of water. The sound echoed around this place.

'Where am I? '

'Didn't you want to see your friend?'

'Why did you bring me here?'

'Wasn't that your wish?'

'Am I going to leave this place?'

'No. You didn't want to, did you?'

'Who are you?'

'You humans call us........Gods don't you?'

A god. Their power and strength were immeasurable. They never helped humans. They were magical creatures, too. But it was said that their power depended on the owner's will. 

'Why is a god talking to me?'

'Why? I found you interesting.'

'Could you be the god of Dimensions?'

'Close. But not quite.' 

There was a god for every element you could imagine. However, gods liked their secrecy. It wasn't good to irritate a god, so I asked no more about it.

'Are you going to show me Akane?'

'I suppose so. But first, answer one of my questions. How come your soul doesn't belong with the body?  Tell me, human.'

'I don't know either. I died, and came into this body. Plus, aren't you a god? Shouldn't you know more than me?'

'Haha. Petty little human. I guess your right. I was testing how much you knew.'

'So, were you the one that transferred my soul into this body?'

'No. That would go against my law. And the almighty Deus wouldn't allow that."

Deus. The god of the gods. 

' So, can I see Akane?'

'Alright. I guess it's you are good to go. Follow that path.' 

The voice was no more. Oh well. This was my first time speaking to a god. 

I followed a soft flower trail. I walked and walked. How long has it been?

Then I looked up. There was a door in view.

I opened it. 

'Hello? Anybody here?'

Nothing.

'Akane?'

'Kyahhhh! Did I hear right? What was that voice?'

These were.....thoughts. This was definitely Akane. 

'It's me, Sayuri.'

'Sayuri?! How come you're in my head?!'

'Someone helped me, I guess.'

'Where are you now? Are you really.....................dead?'

'Remember that otome game we used to play? I got reincarnated into the villainess. But figures out, the heroine's a two-faced girl.'

'...........Really? Um..........I guess I believe in reincarnation. I'm going to believe you. So, how is things going on your end? I hope that Ivy isn't giving you too much trouble?'

'No, she isn't. She's trying, but wasn't I one of the most smartest in our class? I'll evade her. She's quite dumb, you see.'

'Time's up, Miss.'

'Oh. Ok. That's good, I guess. I hope that your new life is good.'

'Thanks. Well, I'll see you sometime. Good luck to you. It was enjoyable being able to chat with you again. Just like the old times.'

'Yes. I will see you again.'

The space faded. 

I opened my eyes. 

"Roselyn! Are you feeling alright?"

"Onii-sama. How long have I been asleep?" I asked my brother who was sitting beside me.

"5 days."

Damn that god. Doesn't he know that time is precious?!

"Also, today we have 'Take your children to work day'. Do you feel well enough to go?" He asked.

That was a special event! You got to meet the most influential people in the empire, but they needed one extra noble, so Baron Castria, Ivy's father, got picked. The other people people were the capture targets's father's, and mine as well. 

"I'm going." I pointed to a maid. "Get me ready, ASAP." 

That's when I noticed a mark on my shoulder. There were different planets and rooms on the symbol. It kinda looked like cubism.

'A god's kiss, huh?'

This was a mark that proved that you got a god's blessing. It also represented the god's power. After seeing this, I knew he was the god of space. He could go to any space, proving how he got me to meet Akane.

                            But I had to hurry. This was a rather special event, you see.