Part 11: A capture target?

A few months passed. The classes went on in their usual order, and nothing especially typical happened. 

My relationship with Onii-sama stayed the same.

Me and Ellios sometimes talked about magic and did experiments together for class. This aroused some rumours, but I knew that we were only in the friend zone.

I barely made contact with Philip because I learned that he was all muscle no brain. He challenged me a few other times, but I won with ease.

My relationship with Aaron had gone a bit better, and he had opened up to me a bit more.

But most of all, I tried to avoid Albert when possible. I was pretty sure he was coming after me to find my weaknesses and help Ivy get rid of me. I couldn't afford that, so I put up my guard around him especially. It couldn't hurt to be more cautious.

On the other hand, Ivy's reputation and relationship with the male leads weren't so good. Whenever she tried to get on good terms with them, she went a bit too far, for example, hugging them. It was rude, and she should know her limits when it came to other people. People dismissed her as rude and improperly taught. Her grades were average, but she was supposed to be the number 1 student, even surpassing Roselyn in the game. Her mana levels were high, but it hadn't improved since the starting of school. Apparently, the heroine was supposed to have a high aptitude of mana, but her biggest trait was that she improved faster than anyone else. 

She was just a girl with too much mana to control in other people's eyes.

While I had improved my magic by at least 5 times since the starting, and remained #1 throughout the whole school session, with nobody even close to surpassing me in every subject. I had to admit, I was much better in working hard then Roselyn. Roselyn was smart, but she didn't know what it was to work hard. So when the Ivy beat her in everything, she didn't know what to do and couldn't take her skills up to the next level. Then she blamed it on Ivy and bullied her. Typical jealousy. 

After my maids prepared me for school, I walked out of the dorm and headed to the main building. Everyone looked at me, and that still hadn't changed since the first day of school. I could be even considered their idol whom they looked up to. 

Beauty, riches, smarts and strength. I had them all.

I forgot to mention something important. While Ivy hasn't made any progress with the capture targets( because of me), she has made some..............friends.

Her friends were the idiots of the school who fell for her charm right away. They thought she was an angel, despite knowing the incidents she has caused, but ignoring those as rumours. These friends were of low nobility, either girls jealous of me and willing to take me down, or boys who were entranced by her beauty. 

And, just in case you were wondering, what exactly has she done?

Most of them involved her hurting herself and blaming me, in the exact same positions and reason in the game. But like the game, the capture targets were always around, so instead of taking her side, they took mine.

The power of friendship is a powerful one indeed!

As I walked in the hallway, I stepped on something and suddenly my body flung backwards. Before I was about to squeal, a hand caught me. 

"Oh. Are you okay?" A boy with silver hair caught me. I was entranced by his pale blue eyes. He was handsome, I admit. Was he a hidden capture target? He was certainly pretty enough to be one. But I haven't heard of a hidden capture target before. 

But the pain interrupted my thoughts. Although he was holding me firmly, it didn't change the fact that I had a dislocated ankle. 

"Oh! Should I send you to the nurse's office?" He noticed my ankle.