Part 42: The invitation

I knew this one conversation was going to come. 

On that long day, my business was never finished, even though I would have liked it to. 

My eyes followed Ellios's hip, where a leather bag rested. 

I watched him as his hands struggled in the bag, as if to find something. 

I held my breath in anticipation, and strained my mind to not think of the awful things that he could pull out of that bag right now. 

I felt like closing my eyes, but my dignity would not permit me to. 

I saw him have a slightly bright expression, and I knew it was that he had found the certain object. 

He pulled out a sheet of paper, with black ink markings you would find on a form for some sort of signing up. 

"U-uh?" 

I raised my brow, confused. Why would he hand me a paper as such?

Was it my early expulsion then? 

But even as a villainess and deserving a end like that, I was the final boss. 

I couldn't end like this, it was simply too early. 

But if that was the form, then what have I been doing my whole life?

To survive was my only goal, but I only made my lifespan shorter. 

I flinched as Ellios handed to me, and read the contents carefully but distastefully. 

The first thing I noticed, was the font. 

It was all twirly and formal, which indicated that this was probably not anything gruesome like I imagined. 

The paper was also scented, and had decorative designs around the corner. 

Unless they wanted to at least dismiss my time at school, but formally because of my status? 

In my opinion, not very likely. 

I started on the top of the fancy paper, and my eyes started going through it. 

'We would like to request you to the tower. This involves the case where we found a certain drug in your possesion, but we are not deeming you guilty yet. In fact, we would like you to cooperate with us in the magic tower. Since we wouldn't like this news to spread among other people and cause panic, the only other person we can trust is you, who already knows of its existence. We will provide every one of your needs, so rest assured. It will last a full 2 weeks, and we need your assistance direly. 
Your parents's signature is down here, as you can see.'

My eyes slid down below, and it was really their signature. 

I ground my teeth at it, meaning I was obliged to go. 

However, I wondered how the magic tower made my parents even pick up their pen. 

My parents would trade their whole wealth for me, even their lives. 

Yet they accepted this one letter?

Well, the magic tower was known for their ruthlessness, and especially their quiet refusal to abide by the laws. 

They could have lied to my parents about the whole entire scheme, into a pretty fairy tale story that even my parents would have thought well of.  

But anyways, I was curious as well. 

Ivy put this drug into my system, without me even knowing what it did. 

I might as well take this chance to find out, and possibly remove it from me.