Twenty Eight

"Hey Klaus."

He looked at me and glared before grabbing my neck. Caroline screeched.

"What are you doing?!"

"She told me you were dead!"

her eyes swept to mine. "Really? You had to?"

I shrugged. "The guy needed to understand that his girlfriend was sick. Not my fault he was being selfish."

We heard him take a breath. And I could see the tear that was attempting to fall down his red cheeks.

"Can you..?" Caroline drifted off, looking at me while she gestured to the door and Klaus. I nodded swiftly and leant towards his ear.

"If Elijah hadn't gotten there, she'd be dead.."

"Rox!"

"I'm going, I'm going, chillax."

Before I walked out the door I turned to Klaus and gave him a nod and a look that said try and make it right.

And with that, I departed.

|N|O| |O|N|E|S| °P°O°V°

His face was a mixture of shame and infamy, that much she could see. His face was pale and grey, showing the detailed explanation that he had been crying.

He swallowed, trying to remain composed, but it wasn't working. Because she was lied on a white bed with bloody scars on her face and her lips had a minor amount of blood around her lips.

"W-What happened?"

She looked up and her eyes showed her relief for his presence. He could see it. Her relaxation easing her eyes down and before he could comprehend she had engulfed him in a hug.

His eyes blinked and calmed himself at the familiar feeling of her embrace. It soothed him and he didn't think he would feel like this with any other woman. It was just her.

Her.

His chin rested on her forehead and he kissed the skin there, loving her scent so much. She snuffled and he shooshed her by rubbing her back.

"I thought I'd lost him.." She sobbed. A tear fell from his eye and he quickly swatted it away. Him? Him..

"Who are you talking about love?" He whispered. She closed her eyes and took a breath before opened them again.

"Our baby."

His heart slammed and his face snapped to hers. Her smile reassured him and he was thankful to the God for saving his son.

His son.

He was having a baby boy. A little boy he could teach and speak to. A little boy that would inherit his and her genes. A lad that he would love and care for but at the same time call a weakness.

The thought of having a son thrilled him even more, and he was sure that he would be doing a good job with him, because his mother had saved him.

"He's a boy?"

She nodded, tears tumbling down her eyes. "Yes, yes!"

He broke out a grin and he finally let his tears of happiness troll downwards from his eyelashes to his cheeks and towards the ground.

She pressed her lips to his, moving it with him softly and the warmth that rounded around them was pulling strickeningly.

He grunted as she sicker on his bottom lip, the sensation brought pleasure into his mouth.

They pulled away minutes later and breathed heavily. Her chest heaved and his breath fanned her neck, creating doings to her which made her shudder.

"What was the cause?" He mumbled while caressing her face affectionaly.

"It was the witches."

"What?!"He shrieked in anger. She shook her head.

"It was a test. They were trying to find out if the baby was real. And the only way to do that was accessing my blood from my stomach outing and.."

"...hurting you." He finished with a heavy sigh.

She pulled his face towards her with her hands, framing him in front of her. "It's going to be okay. It will be okay.."

"Accurate but isn't it my job to assure you of that?" He said matter-of-factly with a smirk.

She hit him on he shoulder. "Are you calling me a wimp?"

"Not at all. I was merely stating the facts sweetheart."

She mumbled something but he didn't hear because he suddenly found her lips more entertaining and the need to kiss them was resurfacing.

"I want to kiss you."

"Then do it." She whispered.

"But I want us to get home first."

"Then take us home love."

He laughed and threw her over his shoulder before flashing out of the hospital room towards his car.

Yeah. He was lucky..