Seventeen

Lily smiled.

"Niklaus. It has been too long."

His lips, swollen, started to tremble, and his eyes were shocking starting to tear up, but he refused the droplets to fall. He stood tall, holding Caroline behind him protectively.

Wait..

Is she a threat?

How do they know each other?

It seemed Caroline was thinking the same thing, because she asked him who she was quietly.

He smirked, but there was still some sadness in his eyes. "Jealous love?"

She smacked his arm. "No! I'm curious. There's a woman in the room, who appears out of nowhere, and knows you."

He sighed. "She's my aunt."

Caroline's eyes widened. "What?!" And snapped her eyes to the woman.

Lily smiled at them. So beautiful to see him in love

"Do not fear me, I wish no trouble. My intentions are not hostile, so please, relax."

But Klaus was the only one who didn't.

"And why? So you can kill me?"

Lily shook her head.

"I do not wish to bother you Niklaus. I just want to speak to you. And your love."

He scoffed. "And what makes you think I would speak to you? Let alone let you speak to Caroline?"

She walked closer to him.

"Because I killed your father."

His eyes snapped towards hers. "Your bluffing."

She sighed.

"I do not lie. Especially to my family. So please, Niklaus, let me speak with you."

He took a deep breath. "Your issues are with me. Caroline will not attend our discussion. She will be gone by the second you walk into that door."

Lily nodded.

"Do as you must."

And with that, she walked towards the door, leading to the spare bedroom. Klaus turned to Caroline.

"I need you to go."

She shook her head. "No!"

He held her shoulders. "Caroline, don't make me compel you."

That seed to stop her. She turned to him. Her eyes were tearful. "You can't. Klaus, you wouldn't!  Please don't!"

He stared at her, confused at her sudden outburst. She was shaking, and her eyes were practically drenched.

"I won't. I swear to you."

"Then don't say stuff like that.." She whispered, clutching him close. He hugged her, curious as to why her eyes were teared apart to the sudden word.

And then thoughts began creeping in.

"We're you compelled?"

She nodded. "Don't talk about it now."

He nodded. "We'll talk at home." When she nodded he turned to his younger brother. "Take them home. Please."

Ezra nodded. And grabbed my hand, Caroline's too, and sped us away towards the car.

Caroline was still sobbing when we got in, and she hugged me. I welcomed her embrace and stroked her hair.

| • MIKAELSON MANSION • |

NO ONE'S P. O .V《

Ezra ran into the house, not bothering to lock the door, and called his family members.

"KOL! ELIJAH! REBEKAH!"

"Ouch! Not so loud brother." Kol whined as he descended down the stairs. Rebekah and Elijah following behind.

"You won't be groaning when I tell you who came to visit Nik this afternoon in the Salvatore Boarding house."

Rebekah looked behind him, and saw Caroline and Roxy. Her face went instantly from neutral to a scowl.

"What are they doing here?"

"Who was the guest brother?" Elijah asked, ignoring Rebekah's spiteful questions.

"Our aunt Lillian."

The shock that escaped their mouths was no match to Klaus's expression. He was unbelievably raged and nothing could stop him once he set his glare of the woman.

Although they were shocked, they did not seem angry. And that set Caroline on a curious venture. Her mind enthralled through the different probabilities, but found none.

"How is this possible?!" Rebekah shouted.

Elijah stroked his chin as he faced the ground, in thought. "It must have been mother's orders, I think."

He suddenly turned towards Ezra. "How did she appear?"

Ezra looked at me, his questioning gaze darting toward us both. I felt bad, and I knew I had to step up and tell them.

"It was me. She came, using my magic."