Girl's Night Out

McKenzie's Point of View:

Luke and I walked back out and into the living room sitting next to the boys. He sat on one side of Calum and I sat on the other as Cal shuffled nervously in his seat. He was completely uncomfortable with the situation and it gave me the overwhelming urge to giggle at his childish behaviour. We put Netflix on the TV and started watching Born to Race. We were about three minutes in and just up to the part where Danny crashed into a cop car. "That's just plain and utter stupidity." Ashton voiced his opinion.

"What is?" Luke mumbled shoving a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

"Street racing. Why would you put your own or anybody else's life at risk?" He shrugged.

"You wouldn't understand unless you've tried it." Calum defended and I could quite easily tell this was starting to turn into a debate which I was hoping to stay out of.

Michael also felt the need to join the debate. "It's complete idiocy. The rush of adrenaline must feel great but it's not worth the risk. You could quite easily kill yourself when there are other ways of getting the same rush."

"Like what?" Luke asked.

"Sky diving." Ash practically shouted. I just sat silent listening to the debate going on. It lasted for a further five minutes before they noticed I hadn't said anything. "What do you think of it all then Kenzie?"

"What?" I played it dumb hoping they would leave me out of it.

"Street racing. What's your opinion?" All four sets of eyes turned to stare at me. I was quite clearly the deciding party in this vote.

"Well... er... I..." I struggled over my words trying to form a coherent sentence buy my brain and mouth weren't co-ordinating properly. "I don't think it's too bad as long as... er... as long as it's done safely. Regardless of what you think er... um... there are ways of making it safe." Why the fuck did I say that out of everything I could have said? I have got to be one of the biggest idiots ever.

"Oh yeah and how would you know?" Michael asked. Yet again I began to slip up on my words just wishing that the ground would swallow me right there and then to save me the humiliation. Suddenly my phone burst into life and I stood up practically sprinting into the kitchen to grab it off the counter. Saved by the bell. I didn't even check to see whose name it was as I answered. "Hey." I spoke down the phone not saying any name because I wasn't positive on who I was talking to.

"Hey Kenzie." Josh spoke down the phone and I instantly recognized it was him by his voice, I would know his voice a mile away. "You know how you love me?" He asked and I immediately knew he wanted something. He always asked me that same question before he asked me to do something for him.

"Yeah." I sighed. "What do you want?"

"I need you to take Abbie dress shopping. My cousin's getting married at the weekend and we're both driving down to Newcastle for it." I knew which cousin he was referring to by the way he didn't use her name. It was his bitch of a cousin that stole my first boyfriend from me.