Josh's Party

McKenzie's point of view:

Everyday this week has been the same as Monday. We would go to our classes, eat dinner together, go to the rest of our classes Luke would go home, I would go to the gym and then we would have tea watch some television and go to bed. It was quite a nice routine we had going and such a simple one to follow. Every night was also the same as Monday, Luke would mumble in his sleep and every so often my name would slip out There was even a few moans of my name in there once or twice and I had to stifle my laughs in the middle of the night. I didn't let it bother me because I didn't want to lose Luke as a friend because of stupid things he was mumbling in his sleep. There's just no point. Plus if I am being totally honest I know that Luke may or may not have made a visit into a few of my dreams at night.

Finally though it was Friday. The day of Josh's party. Between us, us being me, Luke and Josh, we had decided that it would be a glow in the dark party. The last glow in the dark party me and Josh held was legendary and was the talk of the school for months. That was one thing me and Josh knew how to do; throw epic parties that people could never stop talking about. We had made some pretty cool memories as well which was a bonus. Thankfully Luke had agreed to help us set up because there was no way in hell we were going to get everything set up by ourselves, we had left any and all preparation until the last minute which really wasn't like us. I wasn't too bothered about going at first but I was really excited about it now that it was tonight. Every class I had this morning seemed to drag on for an eternity and then the one class I had this afternoon seemed to fly and before I knew it I was driving Luke to Josh's house. This would be the first time that they had met each other and I hope they get along.

I didn't bother knocking because I had a key to Josh's apartment so I just let us both in. "Hiyah Josh." I said going and giving him a hug while Luke stood awkwardly in front of the door looking around himself at the huge ass apartment we were stood in.

"Oh my god he's a blonde version of me." Josh said staring at Luke stood opposite him who finally snapped his eyes over to my best friend.

"Stand next to each other." They did as I had said and he was right. They were the same height, wore the same type of clothes, had the same hair style and had the same piercing blue eyes. Plus they both had a black lip ring in. "Yeah he does." I commented, my words half hummed out as I tried to find differences between the pair other than the obvious hair colour difference.

"Hiyah Luke I'm Josh." They quickly shook hands before we got down to work. We hung multi-coloured Christmas net lights from the ceiling and put away anything breakable before setting up the kitchen. We set out bowls of food and there was plenty of drink to go round. Once all of that was done we started making paper chains. All of the paper chains were splattered with glow in the dark paint and were also hung from the ceiling. "Shit." I said checking my phone and realizing what time it was. "I need to get to practice. Luke I don't think I'll have time to drop you off do you mind watching practice." I would have left him at Josh's apartment but I could tell he still felt awkward around him so I decided against doing that.

"Not at all." He said, a smile of relief on his face knowing that I wasn't going to just ditch him with some stranger.

"Thank you I'm sorry." I apologised again. I suppose if he really didn't want to watch my practice then he could always walk back to our dorm room from the training pitch.

"See you both later." Josh said as we grabbed our stuff and headed to my car. Yet again once I put my glasses on to drive I caught Luke staring at me.

"Do you have some sort of thing for glasses." I asked causing him to turn a deep shade of crimson.

"No I just think you look cute in your glasses that's all." This time it was my turn to go a deep shade of red. "Let's just both forget I mentioned that." He said obviously feeling embarrassed. We made it back to campus and I parked as close as I could to the PE department before running to the field. Everyone else had started warm-ups by the time I got there so I joined in as quick as I could while Luke sat in the stands. "Is that your boyfriend?" Abbie, the goalkeeper, asked pointing towards the stands where the lanky blonde had sat to observe.