Didn't want to tell you

I can't believe how quickly time has gone. It felt like it was Christmas only five minutes ago and now it's my eighteenth birthday. I guess it's true what they say; time flies when you're having fun. We were in Spain at the moment and it was our last night in Europe before heading over to America and then finishing in Australia. I got up at four o'clock this morning because I had a lot to do today. I was flying back to England, spending a couple of hours there and then flying back. I still haven't packed and I need to be at the airport in half an hour and its a ten minute drive. I always was a last minute packer though. I grabbed my backpack and put in some things I thought I might need which were my phone, my iPod, a hoody and purse. That was all I was taking with me. "Need a lift to the airport babe?" Luke's raspy morning voice sounded through my ears and I turned around to see him sat up rubbing his eyes with the blankets draped over his knees. God he looked hot right now.

"Nah it's alright. Go back to sleep."

"I'm going to miss you," he whined like a needy child.

"I'm only going to be gone for a day." I chuckled as he walked over and engulfed me in a hug. "I'll be back tonight so we can party before we hit the road okay?"

"Okay." He mumbled but he didn't let go of me. "You sure you want to go back?" I had told the boys I was going back to see friends but Luke saw right through it. He knew exactly why I was going back and I could tell it was scaring him a little because this was my first birthday without my brother.

"It's not just my birthday." I mumbled pulling away from him. "I just want to visit his grave and then I'm on the next flight back, I promise I won't do anything stupid." I picked my backpack up and left driving to the airport listening to the radio as it played See You Again. I got to the airport and went through customs and sat and waited to board my flight. It was delayed half an hour so I bought myself a magazine seeing me and Luke on the front page. It was bad enough having famous parents but then add in a famous boyfriend as well and I never seem to be out of the magazines and social network sites. Every second of my life is open for public scrutiny and there's nothing I can do about it. Trust me, if I could then I would.

My eyes scanned through the article and as I read my eyes got wider and wider with each and every word. There was a photo of me in my bikini at the poolside and all of my bruises and marks had been circles to make them stand out. That I wasn't bothered about, I meant there's nothing new there. The thing that bothered my was that people thought it was Luke's fault, they thought he was abusing me. How stupid can you get? I'm a fucking boxer of course I'm going to be bruised. Especially when I bruise easily. I put the magazine in the bin before I got angry over it and retook my seat as a young man came and sat next to me. "Bet it gets on your nerves eh?" His voice sounded familiar but I couldn't see his face properly because of the sunglasses he was wearing.

"Excuse me?"

"Being in magazines and stuff, I bet it gets on your nerves." He said again.

"Yeah it does, I'm not trying to be rude but do I know you?" I asked politely not wanting to offend him by not knowing who he was.

"Sort of." He chuckled and I have him a questioning look. "I was the drunken kiss at your brothers funeral."

"Holy shit Blake." I smiled wrapping my arms tightly around him. "What are you doing here?" I kept my grip on him tight as though I was scared he was going to disappear if I didn't hold on to him.

"I'm on a three month leave so I thought I'd come on holiday, wasn't expecting to run into you." He rested his chin on my head as his arms wrapped around me. "Where're you heading?"

"England, I'm only there for the one day though."

"Happy eighteenth birthday Kenzie, I didn't forget." I pulled away from him as we were called to board our flight. I was thankful that we had seats next to each other so we could continue talking. Talk about lucky. "So what you doing today?" He asked as we placed our hand luggage in the over head lockers before taking our seats.