Pillow Fight

"Glad I caught you again." Michael smirked down at me, holding me securely in his arms for a few moments longer with a small smile lingering on his lips before placing me so I was standing in front of him. "I wanted to apologize for what I said before. It was judgmental and I shouldn't have said it." His eyes were scanning me over from head to toe, the smile on his face permanently stuck there while I stood under his intense gaze. It was like he was trying to drink in every small detail about me.

"It's okay I overreacted. My mood can be slightly unpredictable when I'm tired so I wouldn't usually have reacted that way." I shrugged trying to dismiss the feeling of uneasiness that his gaze brought. I honestly felt like I was under some sort of inspection as I straightened my back a little bit and lifted my head a little higher as though standing to attention.

"Glad we can put that behind us then." He smiled at me and I smiled politely before glancing over to Luke.

"You should be asleep." Luke shook his head at me disapprovingly.

"I wish I could but I can't sleep through the day. It sucks." I slouched back down on the couch as the others all joined me. I made sure that I pressed myself closer into Luke once he sat down next to me, I was a little wary of the new boys. Especially Michael.

"Well these are our roommates." They each introduced themselves and each of them gave me a quick hug instead of shaking my hand like I expected them to.  I tried my best not to tense up but I did and Luke must have noticed. "They're very friendly as you can see." Luke chuckled as I moved myself back in closer to him. Michael, Calum and Ashton then decided they would go and unpack deciding they would all stay in the other room so it was still just me and Luke in our room. That was one thing I was thankful for. Once they were gone he moved impossibly closer to me placing his arm around me so we were sat the way we usually were. I moved so that my head was resting on his lap and closed my eyes trying to fall asleep.

I had no concept of time so after what I was guessing was a couple of hours I heard the boys walk back in. They must have thought I was asleep because they started talking in hushed voices. "You really like her don't you." One of them whispered but I wasn't able to determine who the voice belonged to. I was one too tired and two hadn't known them long enough to know which voice belonged to which person.

"Yeah I do but I don't want to ask her out yet. I've only known her a week so I would rather wait to get to know her a bit better first." I recognized the voice as Luke's and my heart fluttered at his words. I already knew what he was saying but hearing him actually say it out loud made the butterflies in my stomach start to stampeded around inside of me.

"Do you want to get to know her better or are you scared she's going to reject you?" Another one asked.

"A  bit of both." He sighed starting to stroke my hair lightly and pressing a lone, gentle kiss to my forehead. He gently lifted my head from his lap and stood up placing a pillow under my head before I heard them walk into the kitchen. After a little while longer I heard the front door open and close and thinking they had left I walked into the kitchen sleepily rubbing my eyes to rid them of any sleep. "Kenzie I thought you were asleep." Luke said a look of complete horror flashing over his face knowing that if I had been awake I had heard his conversation. "Did you hear what we were talking about?" I decided to play stupid looking round the room. Playing stupid is always the best thing to do in a situation like this.

"What the fuck are you on about? Never mind I'm going back to bed." Just as I walked into the living room Michael burst through the door holding pizza boxes. "Pizza's here." He shouted and it was a good job I wasn't asleep because he would have definitely woken me up had I been. "I don't see why the stupid idiot couldn't just bring it up I told him what floor and what room." He huffed sitting down on the floor and placing the boxes in front of him.