Finish This In Hell

Hey guys. I decided to update today since this it's Mother's Day and this chapter strongly revolves around McKenzie's mother. This is only a one of and I can guarantee that I will still update on Tuesday.

My chest seemed to tighten and it finally clicked that I was holding my breath. I took a deep breath trying to remain calm. I didn't want Luke to hear what was coming next but I also didn't want to let him go. "What the fuck is she doing here?" I snapped not bothered about the fact that I had just cursed in front of my mam. Normally I would be a little more careful of my vocabulary around her, she hates swearing.

"She flew all the way from America to see you." She sighed.

"She should have stayed there." I turned around to face my boyfriend. "Luke can you go and find Lindsey please and she'll show you where my room is? I need to sort this out." He nodded but didn't move.

"Are you okay you don't look so good?"

"I'll be fine once this bitch is out of my house." I mumbled pecking his lips. "Don't complain when you don't like what you hear." I warned my mam before walking into the kitchen hesitating slightly at the door. I made sure to shut the door behind me because it wasn't fair that everyone was going to hear this. I was instantly stood faced with the women I hated most in the world. I didn't say anything as I sat as far away from her as possible. My hands were gripping the counter top so tight that my hands were turning white as we both sat in silence. "Can you please just say what you have to say and leave?" I asked calmly. I couldn't control myself around her and it scared me. I always worked so hard on putting a smile on my face and just getting on with things but I completely lose it around her. It scares me more than anything else in the world.

"Your father is dead." She whimpered and for a brief second I ALMOST felt sympathy for her but then I remembered why I hated her in the first place.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I said showing about as much emotion as you would expect to get from a brick wall.

"You don't care?" She questioned her voice cracking slightly and all I did was shake my head seeing tears forming in his eyes. "Your Dad was blown up by a grenade while on patrol with his unit and you don't care?" Yet again I shook my head. "Abigail Schuto, how could you say that?" Any self-contain that still remained in my body had just gone straight out of the window.

"Abigail Schuto!" I shouted. "You didn't even bother to learn my fucking name. I'll give you a clue, it's McKenzie Leigh Murray. Why would I want to keep the name you gave me?"

"Have you ever heard of the military saying Semper Fi? Because you could do well with learning it."

"Don't you dare. Don't ever say those words in my presence. They mean forever loyal and forever faithful."

"That's the point. Where was your loyalty to us considering we are your parents and you disrespected us by having your name changed?" She snapped. All of her previous sadness had disappeared and had been replaced by anger at my words. Anger at me.

"Where was your loyalty to me, where the fuck was your faithfulness? You didn't want me; to you I was just some screw up mistake."