It's Never Goodbye

I had decided it was time for me to leave and go home. For good this time. I had been planning it for a few weeks now and since the boys are busy today before they fly to Australia for two weeks tomorrow I decided there's no time like the present. I would rather be leaving them than watching them leave me because I've had to watch so many people do it so many times before. I had already told my team and apart from them only Josh knew, which is the way I would like to keep it until I'm gone. Well there were two other people I wanted to say goodbye to first so I picked up my phone and rang them while finishing packing the last of my things into a suitcase. I was never one to have to bring lots of stuff with me so it was pretty easy. It probably would have taken less time if I had fully concentrated on the task at hand but it was too difficult. Finally he picked up on the third ring. "Hey Y/N what's up?" His voice sounded raspy as though he had just woken up.

"Hey Jake, just wanted to chat and like let you know I'm moving and say goodbye and stuff." I didn't know how to phrase it so that's what I ended up saying. It sounded kind of rushed and that I didn't care but I couldn't think of any other way to say that I was going and not coming back.

"No." He whined down the phone dragging out the word for at least four seconds. "You can't leave; then who am I going to go for midnight hot chocolates with and go to the beach with?"

"Your boyfriend would be a good idea." I chuckled and he sighed.

"It's not the same."

"Well I guess I'll just have to come and visit you and Joe then won't I?" Just at that moment Joe's voice could be heard in the background and Jake recited what I had told him then handed the phone over to his boyfriend. "You can't be serious; we'll miss you way too much."

"I know and I'll miss you both too but I need to go home. It's just not working out for me up here." I wonder what it would have been like if I never came?

"Is this because of that stupid boyfriend of yours Luke because you can't move away because of him? I won't let you." He sounded slightly annoyed at the thought of it being Luke's fault but it wasn't. This was my own personal decision that had nothing to do with anybody else but me.

"No it's not because of him, it's because of me." I sighed.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"Is there nothing we can say to convince you to stay?" He sounded like a lost little kid.

"Sorry, but no." I was almost done packing now so it was nearly time to go. "I'm going to have to go but I promise we can still talk all the time and I'll come visit at some point okay?"

"Okay bye." Jake could also be heard shouting bye as I hung up, dropping my phone onto the bed and finishing packing everything up. All I had to do now was write a note saying where I was and then hand my key in before leaving. As I sat at the table thinking of what to write I struggled to control my shaking hand and transform my thoughts into written words. I think it ended up taking me an hour and I had only wrote one page finishing just as my phone rang picking up immediately. "Hey Kenzie can you do me a massive favour?" Not again, I need to get going. Why do I always get roped into doing stuff other than what I had planned?

"Yeah Mikey no problem what do you need and I'll be right over." Sometimes I wonder why I say yes when I know I have other stuff to be doing.

"God you're the best sister ever. We're shooting a video for Amnesia and one of the actresses we had hired is sick and can't come in but this has to be finished today. Can you come to the studio and film the rest with us? Please." He dragged the word out waiting for my answer. If I didn't answer shortly he would pass out from lack of oxygen. That actually doesn't sound like too bad of an option, at least then I won't have to help. Wait, what the hell am I saying?