Don't Want To Remember

I took my foot completely off the brake because it was no use, I was going to fast now for it to do anything. The fact that it was going down hill as well didn't help with the speed issue. The front of my car impacted with the tree at such a force my entire body was flung forward and ended up slumped over the steering wheel. Seatbelts are meant to stop you moving too far away from the seat, what the hell happened with mine? I just stayed there not even bothered about moving. I could smell burning and knew I needed to get the fuck out of there but I had no more fight left in me so I just stayed there. I give up. Next thing I knew the door was ripped open and somebody was leaning across my body to get my bag. Once that was tossed out of the way I could feel my seatbelt being unbuckled as I was lifted out of the car and carried away. Just as I was lay on the grass I heard the sound of my car exploding. Well that's just fucking brilliant. I was struggling to breathe as my eyes shot open looking up at a familiar face; Lewis. I tried to sit up and started frantically pulling at my tie to loosen it but my body was pushed back down onto the floor as he took over realising what was wrong. It was strangling me. It was undone and I could finally breathe coughing and spluttering trying to suck in as much breath as possible as my back arched of the floor as his hands gently came to grip me keeping me still. "Hey don't worry you're fine. Try to keep still I'm going to phone an ambulance okay?" He reassured me pulling out his phone and phoning an ambulance. He then hung up and phoned somebody else. "Hey I'm not going to be in work on time I'm with a young lady who's just crashed her car." There was a pause as he listened to the other person talk. "Tell you want then you can have my resignation tomorrow because I'm not fucking leaving her." He hung up and I felt bad.

"Go to work the ambulance will be here shortly."

"Don't be stupid I can't leave." I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the rain just wanting to give up. I don't want to have to stay here, I just want to sleep and forget the pain. "Hey you still with me?" He asked worry evident in his voice seeing as I hadn't talked or moved in five minutes. I wish I wasn't but thankfully my body's in control and not my brain because if I were to give up I would hate myself for life. In fact I don't think I would ever be able to forgive myself.

"Yeah." I mumbled listening to the sound of ambulance sirens getting closer and closer. When the paramedics arrived I was put in a neck brace and lifted onto a stretcher. The pain got worse and worse and it was becoming unbearable as they started doing something but I didn't have a clue what as Lewis climbed in the back gripping my hand tightly and it was comforting as we sped off to the nearest hospital. I was rushed into an emergency room and lifted onto a bed. A doctor came to stand above my head shining a small light into my eyes. "Okay I'm going to ask you a series of questions. If the answer is yes blink once if it's no blink twice. Can you do that please?" I blinked once and he nodded. "Do you know where you are?" I blinked knowing exactly where I was and finding the questions a little bit stupid but it had to be done whether I liked it or not. "Can you remember your name?" I blinked once. "Does anywhere on your neck or back hurt?" I blinked twice. "Can you grab my hand please?" I did as he asked squeezing his hand with my own. "Okay, get the neck brace off." He instructed the other doctors and the restricting material was removed from around my neck. "What's your name?" He had to ask me simple questions to see if my memory was messed up, I knew how this worked because I had seen it be done to other people before.

"McKenzie Leigh Murray."

"Current prime minister?"

"David Cameron."

"Can you tell us what happened?" Images of what happened flooded my brain and it was just the tree looming over my car replaying through my head over and over again but I could recall every single moment of it perfectly.

"The rain was making everything blurry and I took my glasses off to wipe my eyes. When I put them back on I knocked the steering wheel and skidded of the road." I could feel various doctors doing various different things and winced. "Where does it hurt?" He asked as soon as he picked up on it and everybody stopped touching me in fear of doing any damage.