Lost Everything

Three days.

It had only been three fucking days.

I was missing the boys like crazy and everyday seemed to be an eternity longer than the last. They had only tried to phone me a few times before the message sunk in that I wasn't going to answer. I so badly wanted to but I knew I couldn't. It sounds stupid to everyone else but to me it makes perfect sense. Right now I was lying in bed scrolling through pictures of them and mentally cursing myself for not forgetting about them like I had planned. Then again when does anything I do ever go according to plan? "Kenzie!" my mam shouted up the stairs at me. "Get ready and come have breakfast with us."

"I'm not hungry." I shouted back. "I'll have something later."

"McKenzie Leigh Murray, get downstairs now and eat something." I knew there was no point in arguing with her when she had used my full name because that was a sort of warning thing. It basically meant not to argue with her. Besides if I didn't go down she would just send Stephen up to get me and he would drag me kicking and screaming if he had to so either way I was going downstairs for breakfast whether I liked it or not.

Which I didn't.

Grudgingly I pulled myself out of bed and down to the breakfast table. "Morning." I grumbled most definitely not impressed that I had to leave my room. I just wanted to be left alone in peace; they haven't stopped worrying about me since I walked in at two o'clock Monday morning. I was getting sick of it; it felt like I was being babysitted.

"Could you not have changed into something a little different? You might as well have stayed in your pyjamas." My mam rolled her eyes at me; she hated it when I didn't look presentable. She didn't really like the way I dressed in general but I don't like the types of outfit she does and she has come to deal with that over time. Girly blouses and pencil skirts are just not who I am.

"What are you on about? I didn't change I slept in these." A plate was pushed in front of me and I ate mostly in silence listening to the conversation going on around me. I knew somebody was signing to Lindsey because I could hear her bracelets jangling. She didn't much like talking because it felt weird to her not being able to hear what she was saying and I understood. "So Kenzie you've got your first fight tonight again haven't you?" Stephen asked and I mentally cursed both him and myself. I had only told him so that I could get out of the house unquestioned tonight so nobody else knew yet.

"You what?" My dad asked and I looked at him timidly. He hated the fact that I do boxing because he says it's too much of an aggressive sport and the risk of getting hurt is too high. To me that's just bullshit because the worst that's ever happened to me was I got a few bruises and then won the fight anyway. I'm not good at many things but I am most definitely good at boxing.

"Yeah it's at nine tonight so I'm going to be at the gym pretty much all day."

"You're not going." My dad spat going red in the face. "I refuse to let my little girl be a boxer."

"But it was alright for me brother so why not me?" I argued and everyone at the table started to have their own conversation. Nobody wanted to be part of this and I don't blame them to be honest. Me and my dad must have had this fight fifty times over at least. "I'm just as capable as he was."

"You're not going." Was his only reply as he continued eating never taking his eyes from mine.

"Yes I am and I don't care what you think. Boxing is part of who I am and it's something you've never liked about me and has it ever stopped me? I will fight whether you fucking like it or not." I wasn't even bothered that I had just cursed at him. He started the entire thing so he had it coming to him.