Night of Nights

I woke to a gentle tapping on our hotel door but decided to just leave it. Whatever it was it couldn't be that important as I snuggled further into Luke's side pretending like I hadn't heard anything and he did the same neither of us wanting to move. When Michael decided to let him in with our spare key card I was wishing I had just got up and opened the damn door. No actually I was wishing he didn't have a spare key card. "What the fuck," he groaned and my eyes slowly fluttered open to look at him. "I'm never going to be able to un-see this."

"Well I didn't ask you to come in did I?" I yawned as Luke started to wake up. We were both painfully aware that we were still naked but thanks to the blanket I don't think Michael knew that yet. "Hurry up and get out of bed." He whined.

"We can't until you leave." Luke grumbled slowly waking up properly.

"I've seen you both in your underwear before just hurry up I need to show you something." Seriously, can he not see our clothes scattered all over the floor.

"Michael go sit in the living room and we'll be though in a minute." I sighed and he still didn't get it.

"Why?" I just looked at him and his face contorted in disgust. "Oh. Ew my best friends fucking my little sister, that's just not right." He mumbled walking our and all we could do was laugh. I checked the time and it was already half twelve. "I wonder why they didn't come to wake us sooner," I hummed pulling on the first top I could find not realising it was the bloody one from this morning as I pulled on some clean underwear and a pair of shorts.

"They did, Bret came to wake us for breakfast but you were too tired. I did try and wake you but you wouldn't move so we just stayed in bed." There was a dull ache between my legs but there was one in my side as well as I walked into the living area. "Okay finally you's are both decent now come and have a look at this." We both walked over looking at his phone screen and my heart froze. It was the physco from this morning who tried to kill me. "This guy attempted to rob a petrol station and nearly shot this poor girl who was defending the worker. She must have been either really brave or really stupid."

"I'm guessing stupid." Luke mumbled quietly and I slapped his arm.

"Did you not see it on the news this morning?" Finally he looked up from the screen but his eyes immediately darted to the blood patch and I cursed myself for not realising when I put it on. "Where were you this morning Kenzie?"

"Well you've just seen where I was." I scoffed hoping he would believe me. "I don't think I need to explain what we were doing so I?"

"Before that." He rolled his eyes. He knows me way too well.

"Well I can tell you the person he shot wasn't stupid," I mumbled watching his eyes go wide in disbelief. "It wasn't anything serious just a scratch and a couple of bruises." I explained as though it was no big deal. To me it wasn't but to everyone else it is.

"Lift your top up." He instructed because he knew I was a good lying and usually toned things down when I was explaining.

"What for?" I played dumb but he wasn't buying it. I don't see why people make such a big deal over little things like this. "I don't have to." I emphasised.

"Just do it." Slowly I lifted the hem of the shirt until the cut was clearly visible. It was still angry and red and ran right across my side from front to back and it was then that I realised how lucky I had been. An inch or so further in and I would have been dead in minutes. "Hey do you like my new tattoo," I asked pointing to the cursive writing and boxing gloves on my rib trying to distract from my wound.

"You threw yourself into a guy holding a fucking loaded gun." He snapped. Why does the news have to be so big on all of the details?

"Yes blah, blah and more blah I've already had this conversation and once was enough for me. What I did was stupid so I won't do it again alright." I walked away like a child in a huff and got dressed properly throwing my gym stuff into a bag. "Enjoy the show tonight I might be able to catch the end of it." I smiled sweetly before walking out and slamming the door behind me. I get angry and frustrated way too easily sometimes. I spent nearly all day at the gym training with Bret, since he wouldn't leave me alone I thought I'd use it to my advantage. "You're going to have to take your necklace off." He reminded me when we first got in the ring.