First Game

McKenzie's point of view:

"I'm sorry." Luke whispered kissing my blackened wrist. He felt really guilty about it, I could see it in his eyes as they bore into mine. The bruises covered the back and front of my wrist and went halfway up to my elbow thanks to his large hands and the way he caught me. It looked worse than it actually was. It probably wouldn't have been as bad if I didn't bruise super easily, that obviously didn't help.

"Honestly Luke it's nothing. Like I said you could have let me hit the floor which would have been worse." I shrugged. I didn't want him t feel guilty for doing the right thing.

"No it wouldn't." He argued. "It would have been completely painless and wouldn't have left fingerprint bruises on your wrist which are going to make me feel guilty now."

"I've had worse."

"Not the point. No matter what you say I'm still going to feel guilty." I groaned quietly, throwing my hands in the air to convey my annoyance as I gave up on the argument and walked into the kitchen to grab an apple and a bottle of water. Luke followed after me like a second shadow so I went into the living room to try and avoid his burning gaze. I grabbed my glasses and picked up the book that I was reading from the coffee table in front of me and opened it to my page. His eyes never once left me and it was starting to make me feel uncomfortable under his intense stare. The guilt was still clearly evident in his eyes and it was making me feel worse. "Stop looking at me as though I'm broken." I whined.

"I'm not." He defended finally tearing his eyes away from me.

"Really because it doesn't feel like that. It's a couple of fucking bruises, not the end of the god damn world."

"Wow you have a very colourful choice of vocabulary at times you know." He chuckled, at least trying to change the subject which I was thankful for.

"Yeah I think I got that from Chelsea calling me a sailor the thousands of times she has." I chuckled back.

"Speaking of which, where is she?" Luke asked making me roll my eyes.

"Don't know don't care but she's probably at Josh's."

"No she's not. He said she couldn't make it to the party last night because she was at a friends house for a different party."

"Well that's where she is then." I returned to my book trying to concentrate on the words but I knew something was up. I had never trusted Chelsea so any reason she gave me I would question everything she was doing. Why pick a friend's party over your boyfriends party? I finally gave up trying to concentrate on the book I was holding and started watching the tele with Luke instead. "Just think. In one week time it won't just be us anymore." He smiled at me referring to our roommates who were flying in and my heart sunk slightly. I was so used to it just being me and Luke now, I didn't want that to change. I get on well with Luke, we get on like a house on fire and I'm worried it wont be the same for the other boys. What if they aren't as nice as Luke? What if they hate me?

"No we won't." I said painting a smile on my face.

The rest of the day went by quickly, one minute it was ten in the morning the next and it's seven o'clock at night. Chelsea finally decided to show up, not that I cared in all honesty. I was hoping she would have moved out by the end of her first week here but knowing her she probably wont be staying much longer, especially since her hatred for this place is so clearly obvious. She hates having to share an apartment and it's even worse for her that I'm here so I give it ten more days maximum before she leaves. That's probably been where she's been all day; looking for an apartment for her parents to buy her so that she doesn't have to share anymore. I remember her coming in and making comments about my glasses. "Why don't you just have laser eye surgery? You parents can afford it and quite frankly those glasses do nothing for you hun."