Roommates

I was walking up the stairs with the last of the cardboard boxes in my hands. I was trembling slightly with both nerves and excitement and right now I'm not sure which one is in control. Every step I take seems to be getting harder and harder. Not physically, more like mentally. I don't know if I'm ready for this.

I reach the fifth floor and slowly begin to make my way down the corridor. The door was left wide open but instead of walking inside, I just stood in the corridor just looking inside. "You coming in?" Ashton asked beckoning me into the room and I nodded my head before stepping inside.

"That's the last of the boxes." I let out shakily placing the box down among the pile of all the others. I was glad to be back here but at the same time I didn't want to be here ever again. Sometimes I wonder if my life would have worked out differently had I never even came here in the first place. I guess I'll never know though.

I walked through each of the rooms in turn and everything was exactly how they had been left the last time I was in here. The others were all sat on the couch when I walked back into the living room and a powerful surge of emotion came over me. "I'm going to go...I'm going to go and get my...eh...my laptop from the car." I choked out before running out of the room.

I ran down the stairs and out onto the grassy area. Lucky me it was the middle of a thunderstorm. I just stood on the grass in the deserted area trying to find somewhere to go. I was looking all around myself when I heard footsteps of somebody coming up behind me and I spun around ready to defend myself with my hands in fists in front of my chest. "Calm down." Luke soothed me walking over and taking my hands in his. "You're safe."

I lowered my hands and stared at him through wide eyes. "Sorry." I whispered wrapping my arms around him for a hug and his hesitantly went to my waist. He had been scared to touch me ever since the incident and I didn't  blame him. I had a tendency to punch first and ask questions later.

"Have you been going to counselling?"

"I don't need counselling." I mumbled into his chest. "I need to go home. I can't face all of this again."

"Yes you can. Think of it as your new beginning."

"I can't face this Luke. I really, really can't do it and you know that I never say I can't." He pulled away from me and lifted up my sweatshirt to reveal my pale skin. I had gone and gotten a new tattoo around the scar left by the bullet. He gently ran his fingers over the cursive writing and it calmed me in a weird way.

"I took a bullet for someone I love." He recited the red ink. "If you can do that you can do anything." I shook my head about to walk away when he gripped my hand, pulling my body harshly against his and kissing me passionately. "Come on Kenzie, let's face this together."

He gently guided me back inside and up the stairs back into room 530 on the fifth floor in the Stephenson building. I cautiously sat myself down on the couch and was instantly pulled into a group hug. We had all decided to take a year off from touring to come back an complete our last year of college. I don't know why we decided to do this but I'm glad we did.

Our story is coming to close ready for another one to begin. We've had our ups, downs and everything else in between. It was a long, difficult road to travel down and we all travelled parts of it alone but we have all made it to the end together. We've have taken everything that has been thrown at us and it has both built us up and knocked us down but in the end it has made us into the people we now are. We have walked, ran and even had to crawl through our journey at points but none of that matters because we didn't give up. We refused to be defeated.

So this is how our story ends.

The same way as it began.

Me and my roommates.

Hey guys,

That's it. It's the end of roommates. I know this was a short last chapter but I didn't want to drag this one out too long. I really hope you liked my story. I am very proud of what I have accomplished. Please vote, comment and try to check out my other story One Minute, One kiss - Michael Clifford and my new story His Marine - Michael Clifford. I'm sad that this is the end of Roommates but I knew it was inevitable. I hope you guys liked it.

Love all you guys.