New Years

Michael and I decided not to tell anyone about the brother and sister thing yet. It was just like our own little secret which we were both completely fine with. Christmas Day came and went pretty quickly. We all woke up exchanged gifts, got ready, had Christmas dinner and then had a few drinks before bed. It was just a basic Christmas Day for us, just the way I like it. It was weird without having my brother there since it was my first Christmas without him but I was surrounded by friends and family enjoying a wonderful day just like I should be. The rest of break seemed to fly by before it was New Year's Eve.

Party time!

Every year we throw a massive party to ring in the New year and both of my parents invite some of their employees because unlike most company owners my parents both work side by side with employees so they were all quite friendly. I had also worked with some of them at Nissan since my dad used to let me work there on weekends so they knew me from that. Lindsey was up before all of us today to tidy, well apart from me. I don't even know why she still thinks it's her responsibility. She knows my parents don't consider her our maid anymore, they never did in the first place, but she is a very strong-headed, independant women who doesn't like accepting help.

Finally I helped to tidy and everything was ship shape ready for the party to be set up. I had been in charge of alcohol so all week I had been going out and getting a little bit more so we were well stocked. We were all known to be quite good drinkers who could hold their alcohol. Most people, if they saw how much we had, would think I had gone overboard but I can guarantee it will all get drank. After I had brought the drink in and my section was organized I helped other people. Eventually the food and speakers were sorted as well as everything breakable being put into our boxes ready to be put up in the attic which yet again was my job.

Michael decided to help me to take the boxes up the stairs since I could only carry two out of the four because anymore and I couldn't see over them to see where I was walking. I pulled the ladder down and grabbed a torch so I could see. I climbed up and Michael stood at the bottom passing the boxes up to me. Just as I stepped up with the second box the torch batteries went leaving me in complete darkness where I couldn't even see my own hand in front of my face. "Mikey." I shouted.

"Yeah." He shouted back probably louder than needed.

"Can you chuck a set of batteries up please. Or just pass my phone."

"Okay." He giggled. "I'm on my way up." I heard him enter the attic and begin walking towards me hopefully holding my phone. As he walked closer he tripped falling and landing on top of me. Luckily I landed on a bag of old teddy bears so it didn't hurt. "Everything alright up there?" Luke shouted already on his way up to see what the thud was phone in hand as he shone a light lighting up the entire attic. His eyes landed on me and Mikey who were still lying on the floor with him on top of me. He immediately stood up along with me and we stared awkwardly at a hurt looking Luke. "Well this isn't exactly what I wanted to see." Luke mumbled about to turn away from us. Oh god this is bad. This is very bad.

"Luke it's not what it looks like." Michael tried to explain taking a step towards Luke but he took a step back.

"Save it." He mumbled and before he could leave I grabbed his hand stopping him so we could actually explain. I am not falling out with him over a stupid misunderstanding. "Look if you want to be with him then just tell me but don't play me around." His voice broke and I swear he was nearly crying.

"That would just be wrong." I explained.

"Well it didn't look like that two minutes ago." He exclaimed a little louder than necessary.

"For fuck sake just let her explain." Mikey sighed holding the bridge of his nose. He knew I wanted to be the one to tell Luke so he was respecting my wish.