Back to Square One

We finally finished our breakfast and they left leaving only me and Lindsey at the table. I held little baby Kayla in my arms looking down at her sleeping face. I went and stood where Lindsey was stood. 'She looks so much like her dad.' Lindsey signed as she dried her hands and I passed her Kayla back.

'I just wish they could have met each other.' She nodded at me before walking back upstairs to do whatever she was going to do while I walked into the living room phone in hand. I was texting one of my old friends when I noticed the boys shouting. "No way, you have your own security." Michael shouted. I'm guessing the figured out who Stephen is. "What do you do?"

"They got him to keep me out of trouble." I mumbled not looking up. "Now he just sort of grew on us so he just scares people away more than anything." I threw myself down onto one of the three couches. I was half way through sending a text when a hand grabbed my phone and I only had enough time to lock my phone. I don't exactly want them reading my messages. They'll flip. Finally I looked up to see Stephen holding my phone above his head out of my reach since he was even taller than Luke and I'm only five, six. "Stephen man." I sighed.

"What?" He smirked handing my phone to Ash. He then passed it to Luke and so on and so on until I finally stood up ready to grab it whenever it was passed next. Michael passed it to Stephen and I actually managed to grab it before it slipped out of my hand. "That's it." I jumped wrapping my legs around Stephens's waist and allowing my arms to hand loosely around his neck so that I didn't fall off his back. He just passed the phone on but this time I managed to get a good grip on it so I went flying over his shoulder luckily landing on the couch. The first thing I did was slip my phone into the waist band of my pants and pulled my top over it to cover it. "You're no fun." Luke joked and the others all laughed taking up spaces on the other couches.

"I'll be back in a minute." I needed to finish sending this text. I stood outside in the garden where I wouldn't be disturbed and phoned Andy. "Hey midget." He laughed through the phone.

"That's a lovely way to greet me. What are you up to?"

"Right now nothing. Well apart from talking to you but that still qualifies as nothing." I rolled my eyes at him even though he couldn't see me.

"I mean what are you up to tonight? I've got an idea of how to have some fun." He clicked on to what I was on about and I know that because I heard him groan down the phone.

"Kenzie are you sure you want to do that? You've been done with it for four month."

"Are you up for it?"

"Definitely. Meet me at our usual place at eleven." I nodded and then remembered he couldn't see me.

"Meet you there." I hung up and turned around walking right into Luke. "Everything alright?" I asked as he pulled me into him stabilizing us so we didn't fall due to the impact.

"Can we talk?" I nodded walking us over to the garden bench getting slightly worried about the fact he avoided my question. "Why do you hate her so much you were actually willing to kill her?" How do I explain this in a way he'll understand? I was tempted just to make up a lie but then I remember my promise to myself. Whatever he wants to know, he knows.