Golden Oppurtunity

Unfortunately Christmas break was nearly over and we only had two days before we had to be back in classes. The drive down was going to be tonight so we could avoid traffic again and we would have a day to catch up on anything but that left only one day and the boys had a meeting with their record company's owner. We were up very early for this meeting because they were all stressing over it and wanted everything to be perfect. And by early I mean four in the morning. That meant they were all getting showered taking extra time to do their hairs and struggling to decide on what outfit to wear. Me on the other hand I just threw my hair back into a ponytail and put on some sweats and a t-shirt. What difference does it make to me if they don't like how I dress? "Ash have you seen my other shoe?" I heard Mikey shout smiling slightly at the thought of him turning up to his meeting with only one shoe. "Don't throw it at me." Was the next thing I heard. They were running out of time to get ready now and they could tell because they were running round like headless chickens.

They were finally ready to go just two minutes before we actually had to leave. "That's cutting it a bit fine isn't it?" I smiled walking to get in the car. One of them needs to learn to drive I'm not always going to be around to be their personal chauffeur. All four of them just stood beside the car, none of the actually getting in. "Get your asses in the car or you can walk." I joked and apart from that everything was silent for the entire drive.

They were all reluctant to get out of the car and go into the meeting choosing rather just to sit in my car for as long as possible. "Calm down you'll all be fine." I reassured. "Would you like me to come in with you all for a bit of moral support?" I got four eager nods which was exactly what I was hoping not to get but if that's what they wanted. I coaxed them inside with me and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw who was actually holding the meeting. "Marie." I smiled giving her a brief hug. "It's been a long time since I've seen you."

"I know but I must apologise but I have to go as I have a meeting with a new band today." She said politely.

"Yeah I know it's my boyfriend's band." She turned to the four boys  who were all stood behind me as though trying to hide but the fact that they're taller than me didn't help and invited them into her office while I sat outside and waited. The meeting was taking longer than I thought it would.

Luke's point of view:

We were invited into an office and each took a seat at the table nervousness written on all of our faces, more than likely including mine. I felt physically sick with the amount of nervousness that was presently taking over my entire existence. "Well boys my name is Marie and I am the owner of the record company you are currently signed with." She seemed nice enough so far but what would I know she had only spoken one sentence so far. "I presume that if you know McKenzie then you will know my son Josh?" Her statement was more of a question and we all nodded. Josh had never mentioned the fact that his mother was the owner of our record label but then again he probably didn't know himself, it wasn't exactly something we publicised about ourselves. "Anyways down to business. Since signing with my label you have sold quite a lot of albums and many people have now downloaded your singles. What I am offering you I do not offer to many who are so young and new to the music industry so I would consider it greatly. It is a golden opportunity." We all nodded in understanding waiting for her to continue. "I am offering you the chance to go on a world-wide tour starting in two months time." World-wide tour? Two months? That sounded very intriguing but also fairly confusing.

"Two months?" I queried. "That doesn't seem very long for people to find out about it and buy tickets."

"No I agree it does not seem like long but usually tickets go very fast and people like to come and see new bands so most of your shows will be sold out." She explained. Sold out? This offer was sounding better and better by the second but somewhere in the back of my mind something was bugging me about the whole thing. "Are there any questions?" Well right now I had about a hundred running through my mind all at once but only one that mattered right now.