Roommates

Bloody traffic!

I fucking hate it!

I damn traffic to hell!

I spent so long in traffic I actually managed to memorise the registration plate of the black Audi in front of me for the entire drive. Right from Newcastle to the last turn off before campus. I should have actually arrived at my new college campus two hours ago but thanks to the traffic I had to sit in I'm only just arriving now. If I wouldn't have needed my car I would have just taken the train instead of driving from Newcastle to London. It would have been so much easier for me, and a hell of a lot less stressful.

I parked my car in one of the campus car parks and walked into the main college building where there was a long line of students just like me waiting to find out what dorm they would be in and receive the keys. I groaned internally as I thought about how long I would have to stand and wait but surprisingly the line went down fairly quickly and within ten minutes I was at the front.

The man behind the desk looked only in his mid to late twenties I would have guessed and I could visibly see him checking me out and right now all I wanted to do was slap the stupid smirk off his face. My patience is wearing seriously thin. I mean he's hot and all with his tanned skin and dark hair, and don't even get me started on his jaw line but I am not in the mood right now. "Hello I'm assuming you are new to this college just like most students in this line." He stated; he already knew the answer as I had picked up a campus map and was holding it in my hand which was resting on the reception desk. I refrained from rolling my eyes and smiled lightly at him instead.

"Yes I'm here to find out what dorm room I'm in."

"What is your name?" He asked focusing his attention on the computer screen. I'm surprised he managed to pull his eyes away from my chest long enough to be able to search for my name.

"McKenzie Murray." He began typing furiously on his computer no doubt checking the records to find where I am before grabbing a key and focusing his attention back to me. Well I say me, I mean my chest. "Well Miss Murray in this college we try our best to separate males and females into separate rooms with six people to a dorm. However this year we have sixty-four boys and only sixty-two girls. We feel it is unnecessary to put only two people in a dorm made for six; therefore we have made the decision to put the four extra males and two extra females in a room together. Unfortunately for you, you are one of them. If you have any great objection to it then it may be possible for us to rearrange the rooms so you are in with females. The question is do you have any great objection to it?" He phrased the last part half as a statement and half as a question finally managing to find the decency to look at my face.

"I have no objection to that."

"Good." He smiled at me. "Here is your room key." He handed me the small object which I immediately slipped into my back pocket for safe keeping. "As you will see on your campus maps there are four different buildings that are filled with dorm rooms. You are in the Stephenson building on the other side of campus on the fifth floor in room 530." I desperately wanted to ask for directions but I knew I had been stood here at least twice as long as everybody else had and asking directions would do me no good anyway. I'm hopeless at following directions.

"Thank you." I said and walked back out and to my car to retrieve my single suitcase which held all of my possessions I had brought with me. I always packed light, it made everything easier. I pulled it out of the car boot and started following the map to the Stephenson building. It looked like a fairly simple area to navigate but boy was I wrong. I seemed to visit every building at least twice but was incapable of finding my own. After an hour and a half of walking round aimlessly and getting nowhere I decided to ask for directions, if I didn't then I was going to spend the rest of the night wandering round and getting nowhere.