Christmas Tree

It was finally the thirteenth of December. My favourite day of the year because it was the day the Christmas decorations got put up. When it came to Christmas decorations I was fairly traditional so they went up twelve days before Christmas and came down twelve days after. No ands, ifs or buts. I had already dragged the boys shopping to buy a tree, baubles, lights, ceiling decorations and Christmas ornaments yesterday so everything was ready for today.

I spent all day tidying up making sure everything looked presentable for the decorations going up. I went through our dorm room from top to bottom cleaning literally everything I had in my sights. My roommates complained several times saying I was making too big a deal out of it considering I wasn't even going to be here for Christmas. I made the very valid argument that that is not the point and continued with my tidying mission while they just say in the living room chatting and playing Xbox.

Finally the sun set and I was ready to put the decorations up. I dragged the boys out of the position on the couch with much protest. "Can we not put them up tomorrow?" Cal whined as I physically pulled him up off the floor.

"No because they go up twelve days before Christmas." I groaned throwing my hands up in the air to emphasise my distress.

"I'm sure one more day won't make that much of a difference." He argued and I fake gasped in shock. The others had already started to pull the tree out of the box because they knew arguing was futile but Cal quite clearly didn't want to. I stuck my bottom lip out and looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"I will literally get down on my hands and knees and beg." As soon as those words had left my mouth I regretted it because the others stopped doing what they were doing.

"Oh really?" Ash smirked walking over. "I'd like to see that." I looked around the room and the others were all smirking at me. "I don't think you'd do it. You've got way too much dignity and pride." He was right. It would kill me to have to beg but if it needed done it needed done

"Fine." I ground out through gritted teeth lowering myself to my knees and clasping my hands together in front if myself. I put a smile on my face and began to speak. "I am absolutely begging. Will you pretty please help me put the decorations up?" They all burst out laughing nodding their heads and I took that as my queue to stand up. We proceeded with our previous actions and it was quite funny to watch us trying to pull the tree out of the box. Luke and Ash were pulling the top of the box while Mikey and Cal were pulling the tree from the bottom. I grabbed my camera and started taking a couple of pictures, I snapped a perfect one as the tree came flying from the box and all four boys landed on the floor with a very loud and audible thud. They all burst out laughing and I placed my camera to the side so we could take photos as we went and went to start spreading the tree branches apart ready for the baubles to be hung on.

Sometime during spreading the branches the boys had started to sing along to the music playing through the TV and I enjoyed listening to them quietly humming along to the tune. "Who's going to hang the first bauble?" Ashton asked all of us looking at each other. I have never hung the first bauble since my brother always used to so I was hoping one of the boys would volunteer. When none of them did all eyes turned to face me. "Kenzie would you like to hang the first bauble on the tree?" Ash smiled at me.

"Sure." I smiled happily grabbing a blue bauble since blue was my favourite colour and adding it to the tree. The boys then all went in age order from youngest to oldest to hang a bauble on the tree before we all got to work. I quietly slipped off into the kitchen to get some scissors. I grabbed a piece of tinsel and tied it round my head like a halo tying it at the back and then cutting off the excess. I then went and gave all of the boys a tinsel halo. I wanted a picture of all five of us so I placed my camera on the settee setting the timer but right at the last second Cal sneezed. It took a further four tries before I managed to get a decent photo. It took us a lot longer to put the tree up than I was expecting but I wasn't complaining and it was eventually done. Now time for the lights.