Tier List #1

I said this book was completed, but decided to upload more

This is a tier list on starter Pokémon in VGC 2021. Now not all of these Pokémon are in the game and some of them are my speculation. Also, consider all of them as fully evolved.

Let's start from the D tier.

1.) Emboar - Pretty bad Pokémon to use in a double, despite its great attack stat. It got some great coverage like Scald and Earthquake, but you rather use other Pokémon.

2.) Samurott - Another unfortunate Unovian starter. Had some use in a single, but had very less usage in double. Just like Emboar, its not in Sword and Shield, but I doubt its going to be a great Pokémon.

3.) Meganium - I legit feel sorry for this Pokémon, because of less variety of move sets. It has good bulk and has a move Light Screen, but that's about it. Its surprising because Bayleef is actually a better Pokémon.

4.) The final part of D tier is Delphox. I thought of putting in a C tier, but changed my mind. It has less usage and I don't know what to do with this Pokémon. Tell me if you had used this Pokémon.

Now onto C tier.

1.) Torterra - Many people might have thought this would be on D, but I think its pretty underused. This could be my biased opinion, but it helped me in the battles in Sun and Moon VGC. It has great bulk and attack, enough to take down Mega Salamance.

2.) Chesnaught - Honestly, this Pokémon is okay in doubles. It has move like Spiky Shield, which is very annoying. Better use in singles though.

3.) Inteleon - Very flail Pokémon and definitely can get one shot by powerful attack. You can give focus sash and add some support move like Tearful Look and Icy Wind.

4.) Decidueye - Actually underrated, but doesn't mean its great. If you successfully Swords Danced, you might get a chance to sweep. Pair with Clefairy that knows Follow Me and you are set to go.

5.) Sceptile - Gamefreak did dirty to this poor Pokémon. It has so many coverages, but most of them are physical which Sceptile isn't good at. You can give Unburden ability while holding Electric Seed ad pair with Tapu Koko.

6.) Empoleon - The only reason why this is on C tier is because it won the world champion once. Honestly, I don't know what to do with this Pokémon.

7.) Typhlosion - Good Pokémon which has a move Eruption. It was okay in gen 7, but its not in gen 8. Even if it was in, it will be outdone by Torkoal.

8.) Feraligator - Great in singles, but you rather not keep this Pokémon in double. Huge Power is a great ability, but during that gen the Pokémon had Mega Mawile. Mike better than the crocodile Pokémon. I don't know how this Pokémon will work in this generation.

Now let's move to B tier. It is so-called mid tier. It can be fantastic at times, but mediocre most of the time.

1.) Primarina - Its special side is fantastic. It has an ability called Liquid Voice, which turns the sound based move into water type. You can pack Hyper Voice and pair with Politoed which has Drizzle abilityz

2.) Serperior - Fantastic in singles and there's almost nothing you can go wrong with Contrary ability, which swaps the stat changes. Leaf Storm normally decreases the special attack stat by two stages, but in this case it raises two stages.

So why isn't in A or S tier?

Well, this Pokémon can be flail and in double battles, the trainers make sure to take down Serperior first, to keep it safe. It can go down easily, despite being overpowered in singles.

3.) Blastoise - A few starter Pokémon that have Gigantax form and those are pretty good. It has great move like Shell Smash and Rapid Spin, but in the end other Kanto starters were better.

4.) Swampert - Very bulky and powerful. This Pokémon can sweep anything if done right, however. With many grass type Pokémon on the field currently, it is likely to play less role.

5.) Blaziken - An Uber in singles, but mid in doubles. Speed Boost is a great ability and has a good attack. However, with Fake Out and Parting Shot around, this Pokémon can go from god to terrible in matter of a second.

Now let's move to an A tier. Tier filled with great Pokémon, but was just a scratch of being a S tier.

1.) Charizard - This Pokémon was dominating in 2019 and first six months of 2020. With a great Gigantamax move, every trainers afraid to face. However, with Coalossal, Tapu Fini and Regieleki around, this Pokémon has a difficult time, shining on the field.

2.) Greninja - I wish this Pokémon was in Sword and Shield, because that would have been amazing. While Rilaboom could be a huge problem, it has a good ability to take care of itself.

3.) Infernape - The best Fire/Fighting Pokémon to use it on doubles. It has great speed, attack and gray ability called Iron Fist. You can pack Fire Punch, Power-Up Punch and Thunder Punch, which might one shot the opponent. The only problem is its low defense.

4.) Cinderace - A very good Pokémon with great ability just like Greninja. It also has a nice Gigantamax move which bypasses the ability (just like Inteleon and Rilaboom). You can pack Pyro Ball, U-Turn and High Jump Kick for a great match-up. The only problem is its defense.

Finally! The S tier! These Pokémon are terrorizing the VGC format to this day and honestly hate to meet this Pokémon.

1.) Venusaur - This Pokémon is great under the sun. Pair with Torkoal and the speed is increased by double. You can pack Sleep Powder and Giga Drain to annoy the opponent. Its Gigantamax move is also terrifying, if you aren't grass-type. Even without the sun, this Pokémon is still frightening.

2.) Incineroar - Intimidate ability and two moves: Parting Shot and Fake Out. Intimidate ruins the attacking Pokémon and Parting Shot...yeah its annoying. There are tons of trainers using this Pokémon and for good reason.

3.) Rilaboom - This Pokémon has so many coverages and its so crazy. It also has the ability, Grassy Surge. Which heals the Pokémon that aren't Levitate and flying-type, and it also increases the power of grass-type move. The move Grassy Glide always goes first in grassy terrain and it packs a powerful punch.

So what do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Let me know by commenting.

I would like do these stuff sometimes and let me know if you enjoyed it.

The Orange Island arc will start soon! Stay safe!