Chapter 37: Primeape Goes Bananas!

Here it is! The new chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. If I did Ash would have kept Primeape.
—————————————————————
It was after three days since they left Flora City and the group was now continuing on to Saffron City. Each member of the group had a fun at the festival and it is the moment that they will never forget. Even though Ash and Serena were embarrassed staring each other, they decided to act normal and have a normal conversation.

The group had found out that it will take another week to get there. However, they were relieved to find out that they are Pokémon Centre and few cottages to stay.

At the moment, they were enjoying a nice lunch prepared by none other than Brock and in high spirits. The Pokemon were either eating, playing around, or introducing themselves to the new members of the team, Psyduck and Vulpix. Psyduck just gave them all a blank stare with only a mumble to indicate it even heard them, while Vulpix greeted every single Pokémon. The group was glad that Vulpix was able to get along pretty quickly.

Serena saw her Charmander was sad to find out that Ash's Charmeleon is not here at the moment. It sat at the wide stone and sighed. Pikachu approached it and patted its back for comfort. It must have said that it is just resting at the lab.

Serena then looked over at Ash, who was sitting next to her and eating a sandwich. She didn't know why, but Ash was being unusually close to her since they left Flora City. She thought that Ash was back to normal, but here he was acting unnaturally. Maybe Ash was doing it unintentionally, but Serena didn't want to ask in case it would make Ash uncomfortable. She decided to just enjoy this closeness with Ash while it lasted.

"Hey guys! Why don't you guys try this delicious jelly doughnut?" Brock said as he brought up a riceball.

"Brock...that's a riceball..." Misty murmured.

"I know, I just called them jelly doughnut!" Brock told her.

"I will try one of those," Ash jumped in.

"Really!? You had like five sandwiches," Serena told him.

"I know, but I can't resist delicious looking food," Ash said sheepishly.

The group was then interrupted by a rustling in the bushes. They looked over towards them to see a Mankey poke its head out.

"Oh, cool! It's a wild Mankey!" Ash exclaimed.

The Mankey then came out of the bushes and walked over towards the group.

Mankey is a simian Pokémon. It is a bipedal and has a round body covered in whitish, shaggy fur. Its nose is similar to a pig's snout, and it has narrow, red eyes and triangular ears with brown insides. Mankey's three-fingered hands, two-toed feet, and the tip of its curved, prehensile tail are brown.

Ash and Serena pulled up the Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon. "Mankey, the Pig Monkey Pokémon. Extremely quick to anger. It could be docile one moment then thrashing away the next instant," the Pokédex said with the robotic voice.

"Hey Mankey, would you like to try these jelly yummy doughnuts?" Brock asked in a friendly tone.

"Mankey!" the pig monkey Pokemon responded happily before going over to Brock.

He then pulled one out and handed it to Mankey. The Pokemon then sniffed the doughnut and began eating it happily.

"You know, guys. I could really use a fighting-type Pokemon since I haven't caught one yet. What better way to start than with a Mankey!? I should be able to get it while it's distracted," Ash said as he pulled out a spare pokeball.