Chapter 79: Samurai's Final Mission

Gary can't smell ya later, anymore.

Enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————

It was two days after the first round.

Ash could say that his trainings with his father went pretty well after the match with Mandy. Aerodactyl has gotten stable recently, but Red wasn't sure yet. Ash was told that special trainer will train an Aerodactyl.

Ash was following his father in the mid daylight. Some people around noticed a Red as they gave him a wave and some screamed in excitement.

"Oh no...this is embarrassing," Ash murmured.

"You will get used to it," Red said. "Oh, there he is."

Curiously enough. Ash met that person. A young man with spiky red hair and a cape noticed them and approached. It was none other than Lance, one of the members of the Elite Four. It was the man who had given the Moltres flame for Ash to carry. Lance is his biggest idol.

"Lance?" Ash questioned in disbelief.

"Hello again, Ash," Lance replied with a nod. Despite the friendly greeting, Lance's face looked quite serious.

"I know you own Aerodactyl and you know how serious this is, right?" Lance asked him.

"Yes," Ash responded.

"Taming Aerodactyl isn't very easy. Even I had trouble with it. We don't know why most of them loses control, but it only appears to happen to Aerodactyl only. Omantye line and Kabuto line are always stable in this modern world," Lance said. "Well my point is you got to train with mr as well, if you want to use Aerodactyl without any problem."

"Train with you!?" Ash uttered in surprise.

"Well, not today or tomorrow," Lance said causing Ash to hang his head in disappointment.

"Pikachu," it tapped on his shoulder.

"There will be a time that I will get a chance to teach you. As a master of Pokemon that have dragon-like characteristics and a member of the Pokemon G-men, I might be able to help."

"The Pokemon G-men?" Ash asked curiously.

"It's a government organization that travels the countryside. Our main purpose is to investigate any mistreatment of Pokemon that is suspected," Lance explained.

"I've never mistreated Aerodactyl!" Ash suddenly cried against his better judgment.

"I didn't mean it like that, Ash," Lance sighed. "I heard your Aerodactyl has gotten very stable recently, but you never know when it can awake its ancient sense."

"This is a very rare opportunity," Red said. "You should agree with this."

Ash was never going to decline an offer from his idol though. If he can help to tame Aerodactyl even better, then there is no other options.

"I would like to train with you!" Ash said.

"Very well. I will inform you when the time comes," Lance said. "However, I would like to see your Aerodactyl."

"Wait, now!?" Ash exclaimed.

"Its okay. I will be fine," Lance responded.

Ash fished out Aerodactyl's ultra ball and took a hard look at it. He knows Aerodactyl wouldn't go on a rampage right now, but he was still afraid. A match with his father and against Flint didn't go quite well. Ash was one of the very few people the prehistoric Pokemon trusted, but then again, Lance was a professional so it might be okay.