Chapter 29: Lights Out In Celadon City - Part One

This chapter is straight from the anime, except for the Team Rocket part.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————
"It's Celadon City!" Misty squealed as she clasped her hands together.

"It's a lot bigger than I thought it was!" Serena exclaimed while her eyes sparkled.

"There is supposed to be a huge department store here with all sorts of things! I can't wait to check it out!" Misty squealed again.

It took them exact a week to reach Celadon City from Oak Town. The city took them to surprise because it how large the city was. It is one of the biggest city in Kanto after all.

The group was so excited about finally getting to another city that they didn't notice the water advisory posters around on various buildings and street poles.

"I think before we do anything that it would be best that we visit the Pokemon Center here," Brock suggested.

"Yeah. Good idea," Ash agreed. He had learned not to just rush headfirst to the gym anymore since starting his journey. It was important to make sure that all of his Pokemon were in top shape.

Ash and Serena trained their Pokémon. Krabby already proved him that how powerful it can be. Ash decided to use Krabby against Erika, even though she's a Grass Type specialist. He was sure that Krabby would take care of it.

"Chaaaaaa!" it yawned. It was actually sleeping on Ash's shoulder the entire time.

"Oh Pikachu, you woke up! We arrived at the Celadon City!" Ash said. Pikachu looked around with tired smile.

"Guys, let's go to the Pokémon Centre. Then we will decide what to do," Brock suggested and everyone nodded.
———————————————————————
Once the group arrived at the Pokemon Center, they could see it was already pretty busy. It was a lot bigger than the one in Vermillion City due to Celedon City being a larger city, but that didn't mean there was any less traffic.

"Excuse me, Nurse Joy," Ash said once it was the group's turn in line. "Can you heal our Pokémon? We haven't been on civilization for a week?"

"I'd be very happy to," Nurse Joy smiled as she took the Pokeballs and the Pikachu. However, Brock ran up to her and held her hands.

"Nurse Joy! Are you free later today? I can take you out to a nice restaurant and...YEOWW!" Brock started, but yelled in pain when Misty began to pull him by the ear.

"You may have Nurse Joy's hands but my hand has your ear," Misty said in annoyance as she pulled him away.

Ignoring the scene, Ash and Serena confessed that everything is fine. While she was confused a bit, she put a Pokeballs and Pikachu on a stretcher and Chansey went to the back room to heal it.

"Ah, I want to take a hot shower," Misty uttered.

"Oh no! You mustn't do that!" Nurse Joy called suddenly, causing the group to look at her in confusion.

"What's wrong?" asked Serena.

"Celedon City's water has become very polluted lately. This is due to Celedon being such a large city. There is so much energy and pollution here that it contaminated our waters. Now there have been many Grimer and Muk that are down in our sewer systems making the situation even worse. This isn't good as our entire city runs on hydroelectric power," Nurse Joy explained.

"So no one is taking care of it?" Misty asked as she walked back to the counter.

"This happened when Erika was at the Indigo League. Many people try to resolve the situation, but it was no avail. When she came back, it became even worse. She quickly checked the sewers a few times to try to at least fend off the Grimer and Muk. While she was able to fed off some of the Grimer and Muk, they kept on increasing. There have even been a few trainers to go down to the sewers to see what is wrong, but they turn up missing. I don't know why the Power Plant workers aren't doing anything. Nobody has been able to contact them for weeks," Nurse Joy replied.