Chapter 7: Bug Misty!

So Ash and Serena will finally catch their first Pokemon. You guys know what Ash will capture.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon. If I did, Ash would've never released his Primeape.
————————————————————
Three kids have finally reached in front of Viridian Forest. It was about miles away and took them about hours.

"Finally." Ash said. "Time to catch some Pokemon!"

"What kind of Pokemon awaits us?" Serena asked herself with smile.

Both Ash and Serena were excited, but not so Misty. She was far behind them, shaking unnaturally. Then she spoke up.

"Hey guys, can we take another route?" Misty asked in a sweat.

"Why?" Serena asked her.

"I mean there are other routes to reach Pewter City." Misty said with unnatural smile.

"Yes, but other routes takes very long time. Viridian Forest is a shortcut to Pewter City." Ash told her.

At that moment, Misty did not know what to do. Viridian Forest is filled with Bug type Pokemon. Little did they know, Misty was deadly afraid of bugs. She could not stand them. She thought they are nothing, but a disgusting Pokemon.

"I don't know what is wrong with you, but we are going through here." Ash said and started going through the forest, and Serena followed him.

"Oh shoot!" Misty uttered and followed them. There was nothing she could do.
——————————————————————
They have been walking for hours and haven't encountered any trainers. The trees in this area have grown so dense that light has trouble getting through, and because of this the forest seems dark and gloomy. The path across to each terminus winds its way around the dense layers of trees, creating a giant labyrinth many liken to a natural maze. Because of this, many people get lost inside. The trees stand tall and the grass appears to be long and unmaintained, while trees in the distance appear to be shadowed.

Both Ash and Serena looked around to see any Pokemon, but they could not see them. They could hear many sounds of Pokemon though. They could have adopted to this environment. Trying not to get captured by trainers, so they hid very well inside the bushes, trees or cave.

Misty was looking around as well, but for other reasons. She don't want to meet any Bug type Pokemon.

"You know, I heard that this forest has few population of Pikachu." Serena said.

"Wow, a group of Pikachu!?" Ash exclaimed and turned to it's partner who was on Ash's shoulder. "Did you hear that Pikachu? There are Pokemon of your kind!" Ash told it.

"Pika!" Pikachu cried happily.

Then finally Ash and Serena realized that Misty has not talked much and turned their head back to see her. She was uncomfortably close to them.

"Uh...Misty, are you okay?" Ash asked her in concern.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" Misty exclaimed.

"Okay..." Ash said.

"You know what. Let's take a break. We haven't eaten anything since breakfast." Serena told them.

"Great idea." Ash said and they sat down at the huge log they found.

Upon sitting, Serena released her Charmander and it started playing around with Pikachu.

"Here Charmander, are you hungry?" Serena asked her Pokemon while taking off Pokefood from her backpack. It soon got nod from it and she started pouring it in the plate.