Chapter 45: Snow Way Out

I think anime fans knows this episode. I added a little change.

Fun fact: Jessie, James, Butch and Cassidy were inspired by real-life criminal outlaws.

-Jessie and James were inspired by Jesse James, the most infamous outlaw of all time.

-Cassidy and Butch were inspired by Butch Cassidy. Pretty interesting.

There are one important things I changed. I revealed sometimes ago that Serena's birthday is on August 1st. I changed into August 15th.

Question of the day: What is your favorite Pokémon episode from Kanto?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon, so don't sue me.
—————————————————————
It was beautiful days like this that the group really appreciated. They were on their way to Dark City, and the sun was shining brightly in the early morning sky. Despite the fact that they knew it would still take them a moth to reach Dark City, they were in very high spirits.

They are currently were having a breakfast. The group were eating a sandwich that had egg and lettuce. Ash and Pikachu really share common thing together, eating. They were digging the sandwich like no other. Serena sighed, because Ash has no manners about eating. She was worried that Ash might keep on going like this as he gets older.

Still, they all sat together at the table and enjoyed conversation about their adventure so far and what it had in store for them in the future. Psyduck was also eating a sandwich Brock has made. It added honey syrup, much to disgust of everyone else. Then it started gulping and had a pleasant expression. It must have enjoyed it.

Pidgeotto, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Charmeleon were training by shadow boxing and meditation. Charmander was also training, but on its own. While it wanted to be with Charmeleon all the time, it could get distracted.

Staryu, Starmie and Goldeen were teaching Magikarp how to swim. Its been a month since they thought pathetic Pokémon and it did kinda improve. However, its still not perfect.

All Brock's Pokémon were resting on the field. Vulpix were on Onix, because it did not want to sit on the ground. It was surprising for group to see Zubat actually taking nap on the ground and not on the tree hanging upside down.

All other Pokémon were either playing or just having fun. Ash thought about withdrawing his Pokémon when he saw next cottage. These Pokémon had trained a lot and he thought they needed rest. Plus, he never got a chance to use newly captured Haunter.
———————————————————————
Its been about three hours since they had a breakfast. They decided to move on since they are far away from Dark City and Ash was selected to participate at the Rose Cup.

It turns out they had come across a large range of mountains in their way. The group knew that the area south of Lavender Town was very mountainous so they weren't surprised that they had to trek across one, but they also knew how quickly the conditions could change on such a place.

Brock pulled out his map from his backpack and studied it for a moment before looking up at the group. "The quickest way to the next town is if we go over this set of mountains. However, there is another pathway that goes around them. The only problem is it will take an extra six days to go that path," he informed everyone else.

"Well, guys. What are we waiting for? Let's scale that mountain," Ash said as he marched on when the others had stopped.

"I think we need to rest. Why don't we spend the rest of the day getting a good rest? This mountain doesn't look especially threatening, but it could be dangerous if we don't make it over by dark," Brock said as he looked up at the tall mountain.