Chapter 60: Haunter vs Kadabra

Finally a rematch against Sabrina. There is going to be a huge change in her team and it will not be like in the anime: where Ash wins the gym badge because Haunter made Sabrina laughs.

Question of the day: Which Pokémon episode traumatized you?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.

—————————————————————
It was a next day. The group was currently at the Saffron City just got out of Saffron airport. They awed at the large city and saw many people walking around. Ash's Pikachu popped its head out of backpack and cooed.

"Chaaaa!" it yawned.

"Saffron City," Ash muttered with an unreadable expression as he began to recall the events that happened last time.

Like with Cinnabar Island, the group had an unforgettable experience in Saffron City the last time they were here. Ash lost to Sabrina like he did with Blaine. However, they were many positive stuff on Cinnabar Island, but not at Saffron City. Sure, Ash and Serena caught their fighting-type Pokémon respectively and met Elaine, but they had Team Rocket encounter. The group had been able to stop them from completely taking over, but it wasn't without its consequences. Team Rocket still got away with the blueprints for the Master Ball, and found out that Giovanni was the childhood friend of Red Ketchum.

"We really don't have a good memory here..." Ash muttered.

"Ash..." Serena murmured as she grabbed his hand. "I know we all went through hell here, but we all have to forget about it."

"I know. I'm just worried whether I can beat Sabrina," Ash murmured.

"Ash, you changed a lot since you lost to Sabrina. Me and you beat Master Kiyo, you became top four at the Rose Cup, you tagged with Richie and were able to defeat Koga and Janine, you tamed Dratini, you defeated Aerodactyl and captured it, and you defeated Blaine in a volcanic match," Serena said seriously.

"That's right Ash. We all support you. Even though we get into fight sometimes," Misty said sheepishly.

"You're right, Serena. I can do this. With you and everyone else by my side, I can pull through," he said.

Serena looked up from Ash shoulder to his face and smiled back. "That sounds more like the Ash Ketchum I know."

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu added. It gave Ash a determined look and sparked its cheeks.
———————————————————————
The group was at the Pokémon Centre. Ash was about to make some changes in his team and he was sure to bring Haunter. He captured the ghost Pokémon to dethrone the psychic girl and Ash was going to save it to Kadabra, which is likely her strongest Pokémon.

The group opened the door and was surprised to see that they were only few people inside. The city like this should be filled with trainers, but it should be a lucky day. The group was never used to crowded place.

Brock immediately saw Nurse Joy and his heart bumped quickly. However, he decided not flirt with her.

"Must love Suzy only! Even though she still doesn't have any feelings for me!" Brock thought with serious face.

"Hey Brocko, you good?" Ash asked him.

"Yeah...me good," Brock responded.

"We did cure the Pokémon at the Cinnabar Island, so why don't you go straight to call Professor Oak?" Misty suggested.

Ash nodded and went to the television phone. He dialed the number and waited for the other end to pick up. After few seconds, the monitor showed Professor Oak eating ramen noodles with a Krabby logo on the package.