Chapter 6: The First Battle

Author's note.

This is the chapter where Ash and Serena will have their first battle. They actually battled against Team Rocket, but most of time was Misty's work, so I wouldn't include that as a Ash or Serena's battle.

Anyway, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon. If I  did, Ash would've defeat all eight Gym Leaders in Kanto.
—————————————————————
It was already in the nighttime and all three kids were about to go to sleep. Misty and Serena shared the same room since there could be more visitors and they wanted to keep many room occupied as much as possible. Ash stayed in other room since he is the only boy in the gang.

Serena was already dressed in pink pajama combing her hair. Misty was already lying in bed.

"So Serena, how long do you know Ash?" Misty finally spoke up.

This made Serena turn back to her. "I met him three years ago at the summer camp in Pallet Town. I was injured, so he helped me to get to the nurse. If he wasn't there, lord knows what could have happened to me." Serena said with a smile.

"Wow, that's nice of him." Misty said with a smile. "So you like him, don't you?" Misty teased her.

This made Serena blush. "Yeah...I do..." she said sheepishly.

"Don't you want to confess Ash?" Misty asked curiously.

"I really want to confess Ash my feelings, but I don't know the right time to tell. What if he doesn't like me back?" Serena said.

The main reason why Serena wanted travel together is not to be separated from everyone especially Ash. He's the reason why Serena became friends with everyone in Pallet Town. He's the reason why Serena started to love Pokemon. Ash became big part of her life. She have to confess to get to the next level.

"He will return it. You just have to show that how much you love him. You can do it Serena." Misty gave her a small tip.

"Thanks Misty." Serena said with a small smile.

"Anyway, I'll sleep now. Good night." Misty told her.

"Good night Misty." Serena returned.
——————————————————————
Ash is lying on bed, but awake. He was thinking about all this event happened on first day of the journey. He picked Pikachu who didn't like him at first, but gained it's trust after he tried to protect it from flock of Spearow. He and Serena met Legendary bird which was just glorious. They also met with hot temper girl which didn't start off great, but in the end they came on same pages.

"Man, what a day. This is the first day of our journey and it was already crazy. What kind of journey awaits tomorrow?" Ash thought to himself and went to sleep.
——————————————————————
It was the next morning. All three kids were eating their breakfast at the restaurant in Pokemon Centre. The restoration was currently going on and it was bit noisy. Pikachu and Charmander are recovered fully and they were consuming Pokefood. They seems to be enjoying it.

"So why did you guys started your journey?" Misty asked while eating.

"To be the greatest trainer in the world!" Ash said with passion.