Chapter 57: Riddle Me This

Enjoy the chapter!

Question of the day: What is your favorite Pokémon movie?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.

—————————————————————
It was the next day after the chaos had took place. Ash had a quite eventful day on yesterday. Ash and the others celebrated his birthday at the ship, resurrected Aerodactyl and caught it with ultra ball, and his Charmeleon had evolved into Charizard. He couldn't wait to show Cross that he should have never abandoned it.

One more stuff happened last night. Serena had kissed on Ash's cheek. He didn't know what it was, but he admitted that he did like it.

Ash was currently resting on the bed with Pikachu in the same room. He looked at the clock in the room and saw it was eight in the morning. He also noticed that Brock is not in the room and thought that he is already eating the breakfast.

Brock really doesn't try to wake him up, because he knows Ash is very tired after that incident.

He changed his clothes and woken up his Pikachu. Its weird because Pikachu is the one who always wake Ash up in the morning or worse, zap him if he didn't wake up.

"Chaaaaa," it stretched and looked at Ash. It was surprised that Ash had already woken up.

Pikachu then hopped on his shoulder and he began to head towards the door to greet his friends. Just before Ash opened the door, he stopped. Serena would definitely be out there, and he didn't quite know how to handle it. He was extremely confused about his feelings for her right now, especially after she kissed him the previous night. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy the kiss. He was just very surprised.

"Pika?" a faithful rodent asked after seeing its trainer's thoughtful expression.

"I'm good buddy. Let's go," Ash replied before opening the door and went towards the dining room. He knew they would be there eating breakfast.

As Ash made his way down the hall and into the dining area, he wasn't surprised to find Brock, Misty, and Serena already seated at a table, eating their breakfast. Ash always seemed to be the last one to wake up.

Ash then got a tray and plate from the corner of the cafeteria before helping himself to the wide variety of food set up like a buffet. He then made sure to get a cup of ketchup for Pikachu before joining his friends at the table. As soon as Serena spotted him coming, she immediately turned a deep shade of red, which caused Ash to do the same thing, as well. He then set his tray down next to Serena's before sitting down. Pikachu hopped off of his shoulder before grabbing the cup of ketchup.

Serena was tomato red. She was so embarrassed, but decided to talk with him.

"Good morning Ash. Did you had a good night?" Serena asked him while still blushing.

"Good morning," Ash replied back. "I had a good sleep. What about you?"

"Oh, I did," Serena said with nervous smile. Of course she had a nice sleep. She managed to kiss Ash after all.

Brock and Misty found them weird. They aren't talking normal stuff like they always do. After Brock has cleared his throat, everyone started talking normally.

Then they were interrupted by a man with a sunglass. "Hey there, are you having fun?"

"Of course! Thank you for inviting us to the hotel!" Misty said with delight.

"That's great," he replied and turned to Ash. "Blaine has told me that he would challenge you. He told me that you are the right person to face."

"That's awesome!" Ash exclaimed. "Now where is the gym?"