Chapter 4: Promise

Finally the journey begins. This arc is going to be really long and I will make it fun as possible. I will try to finish Kanto arc less than a year. Then after that, they will travel to Orange Island.

Another main character of this series is going to make a debut in this chapter.

Anyway, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon. It belongs to Game Freak and Nintendo.
————————————————————
It has already been two hours since they started their journey and nothing has happened. The route 1 is filled with nature. Trees, large grassy plain, lake and rivers.

All they did was talk to each other. No Pokemon has appeared in front of them.

"So far nothing." Ash murmured to himself.

"Ash, can we take a rest? My legs are tired because of this long walk." Serena spoke up.

"Yeah, why not." Ash said and looked at the Pikachu, "What do you say, partner?"

"Pika!" It cried in approval and it looks like Pikachu was tired as well. It stretched it's legs rigidly.

Then Serena took out of her pokeball and pressed a button. Charmander came out and immediately it hugged it's trainer's leg. "Are you hungry?" Serena asked and received the nods.

"Here, I have some fruits for you and Pikachu." Serena hand it the fruits to Pokemon and they started digging quickly. "Oh my, they must have been really hungry." Serena said.

Then Ash took out two sandwiches from his backpack and gave one to Serena. "Here, my mom made it."

"Thank you Ash." Serena said and started digging.

"So Serena, why did you start your journey?" Ash asked her, causing Serena to look at him. "I'm mean, you never told me what you want to become." This made Serena sigh.

"Truth is Ash, I don't know what I want to do in future. I don't have any goal in my mind." Serena said with sadness in her face.

"Okay." Ash said while digging another sandwich.

"My mom persuaded me to stay in Pallet Town for one more year, but I didn't want to be alone again. I mean Trace, Chase and Elaine has already left us a year ago. You, Leaf and Gary already have a goal, that's why you are leaving on a journey. But I have nothing. My journey is a excuse of not wanting to be alone again." Serena said and sighed again.

Then Ash looked at her and said, "There is nothing wrong with that." This caused Serena to look at him in surprise. "You can find your goal during a journey, you know. You are good with fashion, so you can be a fashion model." This caused Serena to blush harder.

"Me as a fashion model!? Does Ash thinks I'm beautiful?"  Serena thought to herself.

"Ahhh...Serena are you okay?" Ash asked in confusion.

This made Charmander's and Pikachu' jaws dropped. This guy was more dense than a bulletproof wall.

"Don't worry Serena. I'm pretty sure you can find a goal." Ash said with thumbs up.

"Thank you so much!" Serena smiled.

Just then Ash was about to eat another sandwich, they heard a wing flap. It was a Pokemon. It had light brown and on it's upper body and white color on it's belly. It also had wings, small beak, red talon and red feather on it's head. It was a bird looking Pokemon.

Both Ash and Serena took out the pokedex and scanned it at the same time.

"Pidgey, a bird Pokemon. This Pokemon is for beginners to test their own strength." Pokedex said.