Chapter 1: Pallet Town Summer Camp

It's a sunny day in Pallet Town and it's a perfect day to do a summer camp. This is a event that helps many children to learn about basic things when they travel for the Pokémon journey. All children was eager to do the next activity, which was a scavenger hunt.

Such young boy was raven haired, brown eyed and he was seven years old. His name is Ash Ketchum. He was a kind hearted boy, but stubborn at the same time. He loves going through the journey, so he loved events like this. His dream was to be the Pokémon Master. When he becomes ten years old, he was going to set out on his journey and challenge all eight gym leaders in Kanto, and challenge the Pokémon League. Then, he will travel to the other region and conquer their Pokémon League.

There is a another boy who is slightly taller than Ash, had spikey brown hair, and brown brown eyes. His name is Gary Oak. His grandfather is the famous Pokémon researcher in Kanto region and many scientists look up to him. His father is currently the champion of Kanto region and considered to be one of the greatest trainer in the world. Because of this, Gary has grown to be very arrogant and loved to show off in front of everyone. Him and Ash has rival for very long time. Like Ash, he is set out on his Pokémon journey and be the greatest ever.

Well, Gary isn't the only Ash's rival. There are two boys named Trace and Chase. Trace had brown eyes and brown hair which was slightly longer in the front. Chase had black eyes and black hair. Unlike Gary, these two are good friends to Ash and often played together. Both dreams was just like Ash's. They are destined to become the greatest trainer in the world.

There are also two girls Ash knew for long time. Such name was Elaine and Leaf Green. Elaine had brown eyes and brown long hair which was curly if it was untied. Leaf had long chestnut colored hair that went down on her back. Leaf was very athletic and energetic girl who loves to talk with anyone and start making friends. Same thing could be said for Elaine as well. She was a bubbly girl who loves to make friends. Because of this, both of them were most liked kids in Pallet Town. Both of them were great friends to Ash and they enjoyed playing together. Leaf even managed to get together with Gary while Elaine didn't really don't want to be near Gary. Both Leaf and Elaine didn't have same goal as Ash. They were unsure what to do in their journey.

While everyone was excited, there was one girl who really didn't want to be in the camp. Her name was Serena Gabena. She had blue eyes, shoulder length honey colored hair and she was wearing straw hat. She was new to Pallet Town and moved from Kalos region few weeks ago. Her mother sent her to the camp so she could make some friends. However, she was a really shy girl and hesitate to talk with other kids. Even Leaf and Elaine tried to talk with her, but she just hung her head so no one could see her face.

"Heh, this is easy. Everyone knows I am going to win this!". Gary said arrogantly. This made all the kids to stare at him.

"You never know Gary! You may have beaten us many times, but I will win this time!". Ash said in out loud.

The two boys glared at each other by clinching their own teeth. Many kids were surrounding two boys watching them silently. Leaf and Elaine palmed their face at the situation. Serena was just standing outside the circle and was just watching them.

Just when fight was about to start, the camp counselor confronted the two boys. "All right stop it. I have to call your parents if you don't break this up right now."

The two boys glared each other one last time and parted away. Ash went over to Leaf and stand next to her. "Ash, please don't let Gary get in your way. You're the nicest person in Pallet Town. He's just trying to get you mad". Leaf whispered to him. "I know. I don't want Gary to think he's better at everything".  Ash sighed.

————————————————————————

"So does everyone understand the rule of the scavenger hunt?" the counselor asked receiving nods from the kids. Well except Serena, but counselor didn't notice it. "Remember kids. No teamwork. You have to do this all by yourself. The items you have to search are written in the paper which you are holding. The are many guards and other counselors around the forest, so you don't get lost. Most importantly, have fun".