Chapter 83: Rivalry Redemption! Ash vs Cross! - Part One

Enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————

Trace was training with his father in the battle field of Pokémon Centre. He is one of eight trainers who will be advancing to the quarter final. Speaking of quarter final, it will finally be six on six match. It will be chaos.

"Golem, use Rock Slide!" Brown called out.

"Jolteon, dodge it and use Double Kick!" Trace countered.

Jolteon used its speed to sidestepped all series of falling rocks and kicked right on Golem. The megaton Pokémon cried in pain and rolled backwards.

"Splendid!" Trace exclaimed.

"That was pretty fast," Brown mumbled.

Being a former Gym Leader of Celadon City, he was quite impressed by his son. He still remembers the day where his son was upset on losing at the Rose Cup in a very first round.

"All right Trace. I think that's enough training for now. Let's have a seat," Brown suggested and turned to his Golem while holding a pokeball. "Thank you, Golem."

As Trace and Brown were about to take a seat, they were greeted by a familiar person. Its the girl that they met at the Lavender Town.

"Reina?" Trace questioned.

"Yeah, its me. I just came here because most people I know will be in quarter final," Reina said with smile and approached them.

"Thank you!" Trace said with cheesy smile.

"Your welcome," Reina said with blush and turned to Brown. "Good to see you, Mr. Shin."

"Good to see you too," Brown replied. "I think I will leave you two here."

Brown then walked away from the battle field. He had a small smile on his face. He knows Reina is in love with his son and he really didn't mind it. He hoped Trace will find out soon.

"Since we are here, why don't we go to cafeteria?" Reina suggested. "I have so many things to talk to you."

"Yeah, I think its best way to take a break from trainings," Trace said sheepishly as both walked away from the battle field.
———————————————————————

Chase was currently with Elaine, Grey and Pink. Chase was given a special training by his father and Elaine's mother. This was very pleasant for Chase, considering both parents were known to be the toughest former Gym Leader in Kanto and even participated in World Tournament along with Brown, and had a good results.

"Clefable, use Moonblast!" Pink called out.

"Flareon, use Incinerate!" Grey commanded.

Both Pokémon launched their stab attack at Chase's Pokémon, but he was ready.

"Arcanine, counter with Fire Blast! , Persian, use Bubble Beam!" Chase countered.

Chase's Pokémon launched their attack and collided on the opposing attacks. It foamed a blast and smoke risen.

Elaine was sitting at the bench while having Chase's Pikachu and her Eevee on her lap. Elaine was dreaming on Chase winning the Pokémon League. That's where she will confess her feelings to the boy she loved for few months. It would be crazy when he beats Elite Four and finally, a champion just like Red did long time ago.

"Okay, that's enough," Grey said and the match had stopped.

All of them returned their Pokémon and Pink was the one who spoke first.