Chapter 74: Alola, Kanto!

Enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————

"Are we set to go?" Serena asked once she and the rest had gotten their things together.

"Yes!" Elaine exclaimed with joy.

It was August 31st and they are one day away from the Battle Tree challenge. The group was standing outside of Serena's house and preparing to depart for Alola region. Ash, Serena, Elaine, Leaf, Misty, Brock, Delia, Grace, Pink and Professor Oak all were excited to go to the new region. Red, Riley, Yellow and Rose were with them, but they are not going to the Alola region.

Leaf wanted to go with them, so she can see new Pokémon. Grace was there to of course support her daughter. Pink also came back to Pallet Town just day before the departure. She wasn't going to miss her daughter battling some Trial Captains. Delia was going over there just to have some relaxation along with Mr. Mime. Professor Oak was joining them simply because his cousin is running school as a principal.

The group was surprised to hear that Professor Oak actually has a cousin. Only his family members knew about this.

Ash had a small interest on Alola region. Simply because of his rival, Cross. He has a few Alolan Pokémon in his hand and they were all kinda menacing. He also overheard Cross' phone call conversation at Pewter City and a Pokémon Center at the simple route where Cross abandoned his Charmander. He was talking to Professor Kukui if Ash could remember his name correctly. Is he like a professor who lead the region just like Professor Oak who leads Kanto?

"So Gary isn't coming?" Serena asked a little sadly. It would have been nice if he was there, too.

"Gary disappeared again this morning and didn't answer when I called his Pokegear. He must be really hard at training somewhere," Ash answered.

"Ash, don't forget. You have to train hard, too! The Pokemon League is almost a month away, and it will be no good if you aren't in shape," Delia reminded.

"Togepriii!" Togepi piped up in Ash's arms.

"See? Togepi even thinks so," Delia pointed out.

"Right, Mom. I'll train as soon as we get back. I promise," Ash said as he smiled sheepishly.

"Let him relax, dear. Ash has proven to be a natural. He can afford to take a break every now and then," Red said as he placed his hand on Delia's shoulder.

"I know. I just want my baby to be his best," Delia stated.

Ash blushed in embarrassment at his mom calling him her baby. This didn't go unnoticed by Pikachu who was snickering quietly but just loud enough for Ash to hear. Despite all that has happened recently, she was still the same old mom.

"I cannot believe Serena is actually facing Trial Captain," Grace said.

Serena knew her mom was originally a little disappointed that she chose something else besides Rhyhorn racing, but she was still supportive of her goals, regardless of what they were. It would be the first time her mom would be watching her do a Pokemon battle, and Serena couldn't wait to show how far she had come.

"I will drive you all to the airport. Let's get inside the van!" Rose Green said.

As the group was following Rose Green after they said goodbye to the other adults, Riley spoke up to Red.

"Are you okay with this?" Riley asked him.

"I'm okay," Red murmured. "Pink is with them and I also contacted Professor Kukui. He will sure protect them if anything goes wrong."