Chapter 48: Rose Cup, Begin!

Here it is! The Rose Cup chapter! I put some surprises in this arc.

I changed the top pic only for this chapter.

Pokémon Journey will be back in June 7th! Finally!

Question of the day: Who do you want to see Ash face at the World Championship?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————
"This is the battle between Ash Ketchum and Hashiba! It will be one on one with no time limit! The winner of this match shall advance to the next round, while the loser will be eliminated! Trainers, choose your Pokémon at the same time!" the judge announced.

"Go Pikachu," Ash sent out his Pokémon.

"Go, Tauros!" Hashiba threw the pokeball.

Two Pokémon cried and glared at each other.

Tauros is a quadruped, bovine Pokémon. It is covered in light brown fur with a thick, darker brown mane around the neck. It has a rounded muzzle with a dark brown nose, small, triangular eyes, three gray bumps running vertically down its forehead, and a pair of curved, gray horns grows from atop its head. Each of its three black tails has a tuft of fur on the end, and there is a single gray hoof on each foot.

Ash and Serena scanned a Pokémon with the Pokédex. "Tauros, the Wild Bull Pokémon. When it targets an enemy, it charges furiously while whipping its body with its long tails. There is only male species," the Pokédex said with a robotic voice.

"That Tauros has so many scratches on its horn..." Trace pointed out.

"Hmm..." Chase murmured as he took out a Pokédex and searched deeply. "Oh brother. Tauros with more scratches are the most powerful one."

"Are both trainers ready...let the battle begin!" the judge announced.

"Tauros, let's start off with Take Down!" Hashiba ordered.

Taurus surrounded itself with energy and charged towards Pikachu.

"Counter with Iron Tail!" Ash shouted.

Pikachu swung its glowed tail and hit its head. However, Tauros easily pushed it forward and threw it away. Tauros then took recoiled damage after the process was done.

"This is the power of last year's winner and the Indigo League finalist! He is not the someone to taken lightly!" the announcer yelled.

"Use another Take Down!" Hashiba called out.

Tauros mooed and charged straight for Pikachu, but Ash was ready.

"Dodge with Quick Attack!" Ash countered.

Pikachu sidestepped the attack with super-sonic speed and went to the opposite side. However, Tauros u-turned and followed Pikachu.

"Now use Quick Attack on its head!" Ash continued.

Pikachu turned back and collided on Tauros, but the bull Pokémon easily overpowered the electric mouse Pokémon and sent it flying and Pikachu landed on Hashiba's side.

"Use Flamethrower!" Hashiba yelled.

Tauros unleashed a wild fire and scorched Pikachu before it could dodge. Pikachu cried in pain as it was engulfed in flame.

"Pikachu, use Thundershock!" Ash commanded.

Pikachu withstood the flame and shocked Tauros. It mooed in pain as it stopped unleashing fire.

"Now changed that into Thunderbolt!" Ash shouted.

Pikachu engulfed the opponent with much more powerful attack. Tauros dropped on the ground on one knee and started panting. However after Pikachu stopped the attack, it soon got up and had determined look. Ash knew very well that Tauros is going to be a tough opponent, but didn't expect this to happen. Tauros looks totally fine.