Chapter 20: The Hidden Village

Sorry, if there are grammar mistakes.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————
The trio was currently walking in the forest. They have a mission to attempt in few weeks. Jessie had a match yesterday against Serena in a Battle Tree. It didn't end good for her though. Forget that all aside, they decided to keep on moving. They were still in a normal civilian clothes except Meowth, to hide their identity.

However, there was something wrong with Meowth. "Hey....wait...up...." it sat on nearby tree with a sigh.

"Hey Meowth! Don't just sit there! We have to get going!" Jessie yelled at it.

Meowth just say there with exhausting face.

James noticed something was wrong with it. "I think Meowth is not feeling well," he approached Meowth and checked it's temperature by putting his hand on it's head. "Oh no! You got fever!"

"I don't feel so good..." Meowth murmured.

"I haven't got any medicine." Jessie uttered.

"We have to search some berries!" James panicked.

"Excuse me!" the trio heard the voice. They turned to see a woman standing with a basket. She was thin and had long blue hair that was tied into a ponytail and held by a large yellow bow. She also wore a red headband on her head and had blue eyes.

"Who are you?" Jessie asked.

"That doesn't matter. I can treat your Meowth right away." then a woman approached Meowth and took out herb medicine out of her basket.

Then she began to scoop a herb with a tea spoon. "Open your mouth. This won't take long," then Meowth opened it's mouth and swallowed bitter medicine. Jessie and James watched it from behind with unsure expression. They barely trusted strangers.

Surprisingly after few seconds, Meowth was fully recovered. "Meowwwwwtthh! I'm feeling great!"

"Hehehehe. Thank goodness for that." then a woman turned to Jessie and handed out a medicine. "Please give this when Meowth doesn't feel good again."

"Oh sure." Jessie said politely and took a medicine.

"Well I got to go now! My name is Melanie by the way!" she bowed at them and ran off.

"Thank you...." James murmured.

"At least Meowth is cured. She was trustworthy." Jessie said and turned back to Meowth. She quickly noticed Meowth's face is bright red.

"Oh no! Meowth is having a fever once again!" Jessie told.

"Wipe that smile out of your face. It's creepy!" James told.

However, Meowth ignored both of them.

"Uh, Meowth?" Jessie waved her hands in front of Meowth.

"That woman...she is my angel...she is beautiful..." Meowth murmured.

"Oh!" Jessie and James exclaimed.
———————————————————————
After the gang left Cerulean City behind them, the group had decided to have a nice rest after all that happened. They camped a two of days outside the city and used that time to just relax. They played games with their Pokemon, slept in, and just enjoyed the scenery and bonding time with their Pokemon.

However, they need to keep on moving. Vermillion City is still far away. Brock said it would take eight days, but it seems that it will take much longer.

While they were wandering through the forest, they noticed an Oddish cross their paths.

"Oh! It's an Oddish! Cool!" Ash said as he and Serena took out their pokedexes.