Chapter 50: Friend or Foe

This chapter is going to be a long one. Also, thank you for reading and loving this book. If anyone didn't enjoy it, I would have plan to end this series at Kanto. However, Orange Island arc will happen. So thank you guys again!

Question of the day: Do you think Ash should have won the Lumiose Conference?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————
Ash and Chase had an intense stare at each other. Chase jokingly said that he might face Ash, but he never thought it will become reality. Both trainers were determined to go to the final and win the tournament.

"This is going to be interesting," Gary muttered with smile.

"Ash, we shall try our best!" Chase said as he reached his hand for a handshake.

"Why not!" Ash responded with smile and shook his hand.

Two Pikachu also shook their hand.

"I will see you soon at the battle field!" Chase told him and left the group.

Ash and Pikachu watched him go until he was out of sight. Honestly, Ash couldn't wait to battle him. First and last time he faced Chase was at the Vermillion City, where the battle ended in draw. That will not happen at this tournament. Ash was confident that he will beat Chase.
———————————————————————
"Chase vs Ash!?" Serena exclaimed.

"I can't decide! Who should I support for!?" Leaf frowned.

"You can support both of them, you know," Misty pointed out.

As much as Serena is a great friend with Chase, she will be supporting for Ash. Both promised each other to win their respective tournament. Ash at the Rose Cup, whilst Serena at the Fuchsia Battle Tree Tournament.

Elaine wished Chase would triumph over Ash. She secretly developed a crush towards Chase. However, no one still seems to notice that Elaine loves Chase. Only the time will tell when both of them becomes a true couple.
———————————————————————
It was after ninety-minutes. Gary, Richie and Cross had won their round, and they were qualified for the semi-final. The only match left is Ash vs Chase. A battle between childhood friends.

Both of them were at the battle field staring each other intently. Even both Pikachu had an intense glare. Gary and Richie were at the backstage, anticipating for the match.

"This is the battle between Chase Kakeru and Ash Ketchum! It will be one on one with no time limit! The winner of this match will advance to the semi-final, while the loser will be eliminated! Trainers, choose your Pokémon at the same time!" the judge announced.

"Go, Fearow!" Chase released his Pokémon.

"Go, Pidgeotto!" Ash released his fellow bird Pokémon.

Fearow is a large, brown avian Pokémon with a vulturine neck and broad, powerful wings. It has a long, pointed, pink beak and a decorative red  on top of its head. Its narrow eyes have very small pupils and do not appear to have colored irises. It has shaggy, feathers at the base of its neck and covering the upper portion of its wings. These feathers are cream-colored, as are the tips of its flight feathers. Its sharp-clawed talons are pink, with three toes pointing forward and one pointing backward.

Ash and Serena pulled out a Pokédex, and scanned a new Pokémon. "Fearow, the Beak Pokémon. A Pokémon that enjoys flying. It uses its broad wings to adroitly catch the wind to soar elegantly into the sky," the Pokédex said with a robotic voice.

"Spearow evolved..." Serena murmured in shocked tone.

"My Fearow trained harder since it lost its previous battle against you! Don't think we are going down easily!" Chase said with a smirk.