Chapter 15: Mt.Moon Mayhem

The Gym Challenge chapter will be long and will exceed 6000 words. The battle with Brock exceeded 6500 words. The amount of words will differ in amount of Pokémon, Gym Leader uses.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————
It was the night time. Jessie, James and Meowth made to the Mt.Moon five hours ago. They've been looking around the cave using flashlights. They wished that they could find the fossils quick, so they can get out of here. It's dark and scary. Wild Pokémon are especially dangerous here and should be cautious all the time.

"For the love of god, I just want to get out of here. It's because of that orange haired kid, we are here scavenging! We should have completed our mission at the Pewter Museum!" Jessie said angrily.

"Yeah, but look at this in positive way. There's a Moon Stone in this cave. If we find it, we can sell it in a higher price." James said positively.

"That's IF we find it. It's pretty rare." Meowth said.

"I got it. We should find Clefairy! They might know where the Moon Stone is!" Jessie told them.

"Yeah, try finding one. You break your backbone before encountering one." Meowth uttered.

Then James' walked-talkie made a sound. He took it and answered it. "This is James, over."

"This is Proton. We might have figured where the fossils are. Come to sector three, over." Proton said.

"Yes sir, over!" James said.

"I'll hung up, over!" Proton said and hung up.

"Let's just get over with this and get out of here!" James told to Jessie and Meowth, and ran off to the sector three.
———————————————————————
It was the next evening. Ash and the gang had made it to the in front of Mt.Moon cave's entrance. It was in three O' clock in the evening. Previous day, they had trained Serena's Paras to make it tougher and stronger. Plus, it got Weakness Policy from Brock, Paras has become useful in battle.

"So this is the Mt.Moon huh." Ash said as he looked at the top of the mountain.

"Mt.Moon Moon is known for being one of the few places where wild Clefairy can be found and for its frequent meteor falls." Brock explained and he continued. The shards of meteorites that fall here become Moon Stones, which is why its name is Mt. Moon."

"Clefairy, Moon Stone...?" Both Ash and Serena questioned.

"Clefairy is a very rare Pokémon. Many travelers tried to find them, but it's mere impossible. They said to appear in front of human during full moon. The Moon Stone is to evolve Clefairy in to Clefable." Misty explained.

"and full moon will be appearing tonight." Brock said with a smile.

"So there is a chance that we could encounter Clefairy!" Ash exclaimed.

"Yes, but don't get your hopes high. They are very rare after all." Misty told him.

"Mt.Moon is also known for being home to Pokémon Fossils. I used to digs for Fossils here in my spare time and sell it to the Pewter Museum and to the Cinnabar Island. I used to work with the Elite Four, Lance often." Brock said.

"You used to work with Lance!? That's awesome!" Ash exclaimed.

"Yeah, but he's very busy these days. Now, we rarely work with each other." Brock said as he scratched back of his head.

"Well, What are we waiting for? We can capture new Pokémon here! Let's go!" Serena exclaimed as she went inside the cave and everyone following her.